The Jungle Book: The Disney Collection #2 (Zavvi Exclusive) (Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase link: Zavvi

Release date: 12/08/2013

tjb-jpg.401122

Attachments

• tjb.jpg
    tjb.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 3,286
Last edited:
£27.99 - ouch

Sweet, finally they are releasing The Jungle Book on Blu-ray. Will be getting this.

I will defiantly be grabbing this along with Mermaid :clap:

Oh my! One of my all time faves!!! Excellent news. Hope Disney have lavished some care on this.

This is amazing news. This will sell out in hours. Fantastic

Don't worry i'm sure the price will drop. Zavvi are known to list Steelbooks with high prices to being with before lowering them after a few days.

Unless of course they have been watching the stampede for entertainment shop exclusives - without realising why

Given the likely 4k run (or more) this must come down. I'd pay no more than £20

ill buy every disney bluray they put on steelbook, 18 quid to me is totally worth it.

Really... You must still be a young whipper snapper. Probably shows my age as films like the Jungle Book are what made Disney what they are today.

Well... I'm 29 if you call that young lol.

I can appreciate the films themselves and I certainly have nothing against Disney, they have done wonders for film and TV, but I 'm personally just not into that kind of Animation, that type of storytelling, etc. The whole 'fairytale' and 'enchantment' side of things isn't for me also lol.
I much prefer a more kookier and 'in your face' type of Animation like Toy Story.

Part of me feels like I'm missing out by not having these, but that's like 10% of me. I'm just not THAT hardcore when it comes to collecting steelbooks lol.

Well... I'm 29 if you call that young lol.

I can appreciate the films themselves and I certainly have nothing against Disney, they have done wonders for film and TV, but I 'm personally just not into that kind of Animation, that type of storytelling, etc. The whole 'fairytale' and 'enchantment' side of things isn't for me also lol.
I much prefer a more kookier and 'in your face' type of Animation like Toy Story.

Part of me feels like I'm missing out by not having these, but that's like 10% of me. I'm just not THAT hardcore when it comes to collecting steelbooks lol.

That is pretty much what i was going to say, exactly how i am and feel.

I'm really only after the Pixar's but do feel a little guilty that i don't want these classics especially as i grew up on them but they just wouldn't get much playback so for me it's pointless.

Happy for those that are after them as the collection will look awesome. :cool:

That is pretty much what i was going to say, exactly how i am and feel. Happy for those that are after them as the collection will look awesome. :cool:

Well, i agree with both, HOWEVER i have 2 girls in my life (admittedly one is 30 haha) who will go nuts when i get these in the house, MrsWomble has VHS, DVD, AMARAY of pretty much every Disney film, and of course passed this on to the little one on sick days, weekends etc etc

It would just not be worth skipping on these for me - i dare say my Thor etc would be held to ransom haha

So from me, ALL these disney steels and future release will be a must

Your daughter is older than me...

...kidding!! ;):D

Sometimes i do wonder which one is the wife and which one is the daughter....

Daughter acts so old at times and the wife acts so young.... disney has that effect on her lol - can't wait for actual images/steel details etc on these

I would think it'll be played safe like Aladdin and just have the original covers, that's what i'd want rather than new designs- to keep it classic.

That is pretty much what i was going to say, exactly how i am and feel.

I'm really only after the Pixar's but do feel a little guilty that i don't want these classics especially as i grew up on them but they just wouldn't get much playback so for me it's pointless.

Happy for those that are after them as the collection will look awesome. :cool:

Im in the same boat. I cant remember the last time i watched these or felt the urge to so on that count im out, however i do feel like ill be missing out a little bit!

Applied the same principle to Finding Nemo as even though i love the film if it arrived in two weeks id open it and put it on the shelf as i dont feel the need to rewatch it. The steelbooks a cracker too which makes it a harder decision :laugh:

Applied the same principle to Finding Nemo as even though i love the film if it arrived in two weeks id open it and put it on the shelf as i dont feel the need to rewatch it. The steelbooks a cracker too which makes it a harder decision :laugh:

You will be gutted when they release a 'Finding Dory' steelbook in 2016 that will sit nicely beside it ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom