LG BD370 Owners Thread Pt. 2

I have a Sharp tv. As far as Iknow it is not supported. I have tried the standard Sharp codes. Great tele though!
:thumbsdow

Hi everyone, this is my first post. AWESOME thread, btw :)

I have the BD370 US model, and I bought it for a few reasons, mostly because of the advertised .mkv support.

I have burned several DVD-R's with .mkv movies I have downloaded, and none of them will play. When I put the disc in, the "movie" option is grayed out. This is the same with .mp4 and Divx movies I have burned.

Am I missing something here? None of my movie files play at all. Again, the "movie" option is grayed out unless I have an actual Blu Ray disc in there.

So you know, I have the latest firmware loaded on it (whatever version came out a few days ago).

Thanks in advance :)

Hi everyone, this is my first post. AWESOME thread, btw :)

I have the BD370 US model, and I bought it for a few reasons, mostly because of the advertised .mkv support.

I have burned several DVD-R's with .mkv movies I have downloaded, and none of them will play. When I put the disc in, the "movie" option is grayed out. This is the same with .mp4 and Divx movies I have burned.

Am I missing something here? None of my movie files play at all. Again, the "movie" option is grayed out unless I have an actual Blu Ray disc in there.

So you know, I have the latest firmware loaded on it (whatever version came out a few days ago).

Thanks in advance :)

HI I HAVE THE UK VERSION OF BD370
it plays all the mentioned formats,on disc and from usb stick or portable hdd
have you tried movies on a usb stick or portable hdd drive
as the us version my be differant ,i think i read in an earlier post that the us version supports mkv but not xvid/divx on usb,
usb memory sticks and hdd have to be formatted in fat 32 as bd370 does not support ntfs .give it a go and let us know how you get on...good luck:thumbsup:

HI I HAVE THE UK VERSION OF BD370
it plays all the mentioned formats,on disc and from usb stick or portable hdd
have you tried movies on a usb stick or portable hdd drive
as the us version my be differant ,i think i read in an earlier post that the us version supports mkv but not xvid/divx on usb,
usb memory sticks and hdd have to be formatted in fat 32 as bd370 does not support ntfs .give it a go and let us know how you get on...good luck:thumbsup:

I have not tried playing one from a USB drive, only from a burned DVD-R. But all of the movies I have are over 4GB, so FAT32 seems like an unlikely option.

According to the instruction manual that comes with the player, it should be able to play all of those filetypes either from USB or a DVD-/+R. I wish it actually would since that is THE reason I went with the 370!

But they are smaller than 4.7 GB of a DVD-R, right? :D

you are doing something wrong with your burning probably because the "movie" icon is grayed out before you even get a chance to select an mkv file for playback...it does not recognize the media at all...

I have not tried playing one from a USB drive, only from a burned DVD-R. But all of the movies I have are over 4GB, so FAT32 seems like an unlikely option.

According to the instruction manual that comes with the player, it should be able to play all of those filetypes either from USB or a DVD-/+R. I wish it actually would since that is THE reason I went with the 370!

if the us version does indeed suport all the formats we have mentioned
it looks like yours could be faulty;BUT ive googled the u/s specs and most reports all be it early models -say no support on u/s models for avi mkv or divx from usb but no mention of dvd-r-.:facepalm: good luck ,as i say im in the uk and uk models seem to be more willing to play back ups of any format. i know allot of the u/s guys went for the bd 390 as it as better support in the u/s for video playback and wireless
THEN AGAIN if it says it on the box and its not doing what it says its refund time dont take no sh*T. it should play what it says on the box

But they are smaller than 4.7 GB of a DVD-R, right? :D

you are doing something wrong with your burning probably because the "movie" icon is grayed out before you even get a chance to select an mkv file for playback...it does not recognize the media at all...

Yeah, it is juuust a little smaller than the DVD-R capacity, but I have tried burning a discc with a few 700 MB files as well.

I am burning them on my Mac by right-clicking on the file and selecting "burn to disc". Maybe I should use an actual program like Roxio Toast?

Other than that, I'm at a loss.

if the us version does indeed suport all the formats we have mentioned
it looks like yours could be faulty;BUT ive googled the u/s specs and most reports all be it early models -say no support on u/s models for avi mkv or divx from usb but no mention of dvd-r-.:facepalm: good luck ,as i say im in the uk and uk models seem to be more willing to play back ups of any format. i know allot of the u/s guys went for the bd 390 as it as better support in the u/s for video playback and wireless
THEN AGAIN if it says it on the box and its not doing what it says its refund time dont take no sh*T. it should play what it says on the box

It sure does say that it supports those formats from USB or DVD+/-R, along with a few others. I attached a screenshot right from the manual.

Thanks for the help so far everyone :)

Attachments

• screenshot_01.jpg
    screenshot_01.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 281
sometimes when i first turn my BD370 on it says reading but never actually does anything else or go to the menu, i have to power it off to get it to accept a disc, it has the latest firmware, does it need to go back?

mine does that too.

i think it's something you are just going to have to live with.

Hello,
Did anyone test a 1080p youtube video on bd370. Does it work?
Thanks!

Hello,
Did anyone test a 1080p youtube video on bd370. Does it work?
Thanks!

Is there a way to choose the quality setting when using Youtube via the 360/370? Also is there anyway to adjust the zoom when watching full screen? I notice when watching 4:3 Youtube vids it seems to crop the top and bottom of the video rather than pillar boxing it.

Hi
I have a video in .mkv. It's encoded as VC-1 with resolution 1440x1080. Unfortunatelly BD370 plays is with display ratio 4:3 instead with 16:9 (stretching width to 1920) so I have wrong ratio and black borders on the left and right.
Seems that it does not take Display Aspect Ratio into account.
If you already have this problem then wow to fix the .mkv file if possible?
Which support I can report the problem to? Japanese one? Any other?

Another issue- BD370 does not show the track number on the front display when playing back the audio CD. It is verry annoying when listening to CDs (particulary instrumental and classical). Do they think that I have my tv turned on in order to know the track number? Plasma needs too much power so this is not eco-friendly! It even does not recognize CD-TEXT so I do not see the reason to keep tv-set turned on.
I have never seen before a player which does not show track number on its front display. Tried to report problem to japanese support but they were not interrested to change this behaviour.

Hi
I have a video in .mkv. It's encoded as VC-1 with resolution 1440x1080. Unfortunatelly BD370 plays is with display ratio 4:3 instead with 16:9 (stretching width to 1920) so I have wrong ratio and black borders on the left and right.
Seems that it does not take Display Aspect Ratio into account.
If you already have this problem then wow to fix the .mkv file if possible?
Which support I can report the problem to? Japanese one? Any other?

Another issue- BD370 does not show the track number on the front display when playing back the audio CD. It is verry annoying when listening to CDs (particulary instrumental and classical). Do they think that I have my tv turned on in order to know the track number? Plasma needs too much power so this is not eco-friendly! It even does not recognize CD-TEXT so I do not see the reason to keep tv-set turned on.
I have never seen before a player which does not show track number on its front display. Tried to report problem to japanese support but they were not interrested to change this behaviour.

Hello,
I´m not sure if I understand your problem, but the aspect ratio provided by 1440x1080 is 1,33 that is 4:3. To display the image properly, the player will add black bars on the left and on the right. So, the player recognized the file correctly according to the resolution of the file. Could you give us more details of the problem? Do you want the image to be sctreched to fit the screen?
About the track number issue, forget about it. They won´t fix it. I don´t know why they design DVD players to force us to let the TV on. I agree with you on that. The display should provide a number and the name of the song.

Hello,
I´m not sure if I understand your problem, but the aspect ratio provided by 1440x1080 is 1,33 that is 4:3. To display the image properly, the player will add black bars on the left and on the right. So, the player recognized the file correctly according to the resolution of the file. Could you give us more details of the problem? Do you want the image to be sctreched to fit the screen?
No- the PAR (Pexel Ascpect Ratio) is 4:3, but DAR (Display Ascpect Ratio) 16:9 so the picture on tv should be stretched horizontally to fit into tv screen (panoramic). If the video is displayed as 4:3 then the content is squeezed (egg like heads). In the evening I will provide the link to the sample file. The recording I think is from Japanese TV broadcast of FujiTV.

About the track number issue, forget about it. They won´t fix it. I don´t know why they design DVD players to force us to let the TV on. I agree with you on that. The display should provide a number and the name of the song.
The name on the display would be drem came true :clap: but track number is an obvious thing- at least it was for me until I discovered LG player :eek:

No- the PAR (Pexel Ascpect Ratio) is 4:3, but DAR (Display Ascpect Ratio) 16:9 so the picture on tv should be stretched horizontally to fit into tv screen (panoramic). If the video is displayed as 4:3 then the content is squeezed (egg like heads). In the evening I will provide the link to the sample file. The recording I think is from Japanese TV broadcast of FujiTV.

The name on the display would be drem came true :clap: but track number is an obvious thing- at least it was for me until I discovered LG player :eek:

Thank you for the great sample file. Really good picture.
I´ve checked the sample and my conclusion is that the resolution of the file is wrong. All players assume the aspect ratio of a file based on the resolution. so, if you have 1920x1080 it´ll assume that´s widescreen, if you have 1480x1080 it´ll assume that´s 4:3. With this information and the TV AR on the setup, the player decide if the black bars are necessary and where to insert it to avoid image distortion. This file was encoded using a resolution that tells the player that the aspect ratio is 4:3 and since your TV is widescreen, it added the black bars on the left and on the right. The player doesn´t know that it was suposed to be 16:9. This is not the player fault. In your PC the file plays fine because the software you are using don´t add the black bars. The way to solve this is very simple. Go to the BD 370 setup and adjust your screen to 4:3. This way the player won´t add the bars and will let your TV stretch the image. Give it a try and let me know the results. Here worked really well.

Yeah, I haven't been thinking about going to Settings :)- this simple solution is working fine.
I have other choice and can change picture ratio in my panasonic menu also.
Thanks for help.

Hi there, I've been doing my research for my first Blu-ray player and just wanted to double check with LG bd370 owners....does the multi-region hack work on this player? I'm sure I read somewhere on here that the new updates prevent it from working?

I'm looking at replacing my chunk dvd recorder so playback of regular multi-region DVDs would be ideal.

Can someone with a BD burner check this ?
Burn on a BD-R 25Gb two mkv files, one near 9Gb and the second near 14/15Gb.
It seems that this BD disk is recognized by BD370, but the player will play only the 9Gb file and not the 13Gb file.

Mmmmm....

Thanks for your tests.

Hi all, I was going to create a thread but luckily found this along the way. I bought my LG BD370 sometime last year along with an LG 32LH3000 TV. Love them both, big time, especially love the USB slot on the front of the 370 for my MKV's and XVID's. Problem is is stumbled upon a problem a few months in, the 370 player doesnt play my finalised discs that ive burned on my PC, phoned LG told them about it and they came to my door next day and did a swap for a new one (top customer service imo), the new one has the same issue??!! Pulled my hair out for a few days and gave up. Any of you had this problem? Did you fix it? Or, does anyone know how to? Ive used DVD RW's (+'s i think) tried software updates, done a potload of googleing all to no avail. The warranty runs out in a month or so (from the original purchase date anyway), so i wouldnt mind getting to the bottom of it before it runs out.

Cheers all,

Oh, and Hi to all btw :)

Si

:clap:The BD360 is now £70 in store in Asda:clap:

also that firmware i posted a couple of pages back has been downloaded 121 times and only one thanks.

:clap:The BD360 is now £70 in store in Asda:clap:

also that firmware i posted a couple of pages back has been downloaded 121 times and only one thanks.

Wow that's a great price for the 360! Well worth it at that price for anyone thinking about one.

Hey:)
I just got this player and updated to the latest firmware. Is it still possible to do the region free hack on this?

Does the lg bd370 support mts files just bought a camcorder and tried to put the files on my external hd and then plugged into the 370 and it didnt even see them the folder was empty.

Do i need to convert these and i dont want to loose any quality etc

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom