Sony BDP-S5000ES Region B UK Owners Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingfats

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Just ordered one. :thumbsup:
Manual.
My review. (on going)

HPIM2969.jpg

HPIM2968.jpg

HPIM2975.jpg

Size compared ot the S350.

HPIM2972.jpg

HPIM2973.jpg

HPIM3003-1.jpg

untitled-2.jpg

478f2d787aa47290.jpg

Last edited:
What credit crunch,he says.;):D

Good work mate,lots of pics etc.:thumbsup:

Hi mate, How much and where from ?? :eek: I thought you were waiting for an Oppo :D

:D
How's that monster sub of yours? :devil:;)
I've ordered it from here for £929.99p and Saturday delivery :thumbsup: lucky,because the price has just jumped. :eek:
I wasn't intending to get the Oppo BD player to be honest mate,i like to keep DVD seperate :) so i'll hang on to the 983. :cool:

Hi Kingfats,
Can't wait to hear what you think of it compared to the PS3, my 7700 DVD player has served me well for many years. The CD version of the 5000 ES (can't remember the number) has just been given a best buy in Hi-Fi Choice this month so that hopefully bodes well for this player

Nice. Very nice.:smashin:

:D
How's that monster sub of yours? :devil:;)
I've ordered it from here for £929.99p and Saturday delivery :thumbsup: lucky,because the price has just jumped. :eek:
I wasn't intending to get the Oppo BD player to be honest mate,i like to keep DVD seperate :) so i'll hang on to the 983. :cool:

Will be interested in your thoughts on any audio improvements mate :smashin:

Certainly looks a nice player that seems to have it all :thumbsup:

Oh, yeh the sub is stunning mate :thumbsup: didn't take long to get used to the size (again) :eek: :D

Kingy,

What made you go for the Sony over the Pioneer flagship?

Steve

Just ordered one. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

not a big sony lover but since you pointed this player out to me mate the specs look very good. i will be very interested in your thoughts on this

Refreshing honesty on this forum about the reasons for buying kit - can be looks etc.

I'm tempted to get the new Sony SACD player to play my eight, count 'em, eight SACDs. The idea of being able to squirt DSD over HDMI into a HD processor appeals to me. And there are loads more SACD's I could get, the Depeche Mode back catalogue for example.

Nuts? You bet.

I agree on the aesthetics, it's looks like ot fell out of the ugly Av tree and hit every cable on the way down......:rotfl:

it's looks like ot fell out of the ugly Av tree and hit every cable on the way down......:rotfl:

:eek: :confused: :eek:

Congrats Kingfats, I hope you find space for it!! :D ;)

And look forward to the PS3 - S5000ES comparisons... :devil:

Last edited:
Sony and Panasonic players have got faster and faster.

Am I right in saying that Pioneer ones are still as slow as a snail?

The LX91 in the analogue audio section will be better again the S5000ES (how much is hard to quantify)....but I couldn't stand a player that put me back from the BD50 in terms of loading and menu handling speed.

Wow! Nice one KF! :smashin:

I'm really behind on what's available these days. My boring question - do you think it can be made multiregion for std. DVDs?

:thumbsup:
Being delivered on the 15th of this month......hopefully. :)

I very much like the look of this player so I look forward to your thoughts and perhaps a PS3 comparison:D

nice one mate, looking forward to getting the feedback, wonder just how much better it can be for £700 more than by BD55. Can't wait to hear :thumbsup:

That's a shame as most of my equipment is champagne gold. It would have looked great beside my Sony 777ES AV amp.

Cheers

Date moved again:( 24th November now,and price gone up by £100:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom