Sony BDP-S350 Region B UK owners thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingfats

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
:thumbsup:
Might as well get the ball rolling. ;)
Player specs.
Online manual.

Region free BDP-S350 for DVD playback only, BD untested.

Full procedure for a oneforall remote is as follows:
Working remotes and another,plus.Another remote.
Pronto codes advice.
Full set of Pronto codes with included region hack.

Region Free Hack using a Nokia N95
http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-...50-dvd-region-hack-nokia-n95.html#post8221938

Av junkies Harmony remote hack. region free for 350/550.

1. Press DVD
2. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
3. Press 0533

4. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
5. Press 994
6. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
7. Press 00189 (if your oneforall remote uses 4 digit or 3 digit codes, use less leading zeros)
8. Press 1 ( this sets it to key 1 - it flashes twice )

9. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
10. Press 994
11. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
12. Press 00255
13. Press 2 ( this sets it to key 2 - it flashes twice )

14. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
15. Press 994
16. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
17. Press 00095
18. Press 3 ( this sets it to key 3 - it flashes twice )

19. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
20. Press 994
21. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
22. Press 00221
23. Press 4 ( this sets it to key 4 - it flashes twice )

24. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
25. Press 994
26. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
27. Press 00079
28. Press 5 ( this sets it to key 5 - it flashes twice )

The remote is now programmed and ready to use, to make the BDP-S350 region free:

1. Use the remote that came with the player to bring the player out of standby, make sure there isn't a disc in it.
2. Press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 on the oneforall remote. The 24p light will start flashing
3. Put the player back into standby with the Sony remote
4. Next time you turn on the player it will be region free for DVD playback

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is being dispatched today, will be attempted for delivery tomorrow but I wont be there. Picking it up on Saturday. It'll be HDMI into my Bravia 40X3500 and optical to my Yamaha amp. Looking foward to testing both BR and standard DVD playback.

Im even tempted to get a screwdriver out to see if it's got the Sigma or NEC chip for upscaling..

UK owners ?

Yeah :smashin: th UK player.
But feel free to post though mate :thumbsup: it's only the DVD playback which really seperates the US from the UK version.
Specific questions on the US S350 can always go in the Sony import thread.
All the best.

so chelsetone are you suggesting that the total digital multireageon deal is a con? Hope not as I have just ordered mine from them. Still will find out tomorrow I guess.

Well it does NOT mention anything except in the title, so i would think its Region 2 SD only. But like you say, you will find out :rolleyes:

you had me worried for a bit. I phoned them and asked and they said it would play any region as DVD. I also asked if the region hack would be affected by the profile 2 update and they said not. I will find out soon enough. Hope I havn't messed up as I cancelled my pre order with amazon when I saw this.

Last edited:
Received ours, was delivered this morning, tried out the only Blu-Ray disc we have, which is Mad Men Region Free from America.

Up and running within minutes, not networked at the moment, menus are very similar to PS3 from what ive seen of the PS3 menu.

It is easy to use, audio default on HDMI, so anyone with optical on their sound system will need to configure properly.

Happy at the moment, looking forward to getting more Blu-Ray discs.

Received ours, was delivered this morning, tried out the only Blu-Ray disc we have, which is Mad Men Region Free from America.

Up and running within minutes, not networked at the moment, menus are very similar to PS3 from what ive seen of the PS3 menu.

It is easy to use, audio default on HDMI, so anyone with optical on their sound system will need to configure properly.

Hi remlap. :)
Can you confirm that 576i is selectable for DVD mate. :smashin:
All the best.

Any news on whether Amazon have stock or will ship today?

Still showing as the 5th for release.

My order says estimated despatch is today and wondered if anyone had received confirmation their player has been shipped. If not, no films for me this weekend :(

My order says estimated despatch is today and wondered if anyone had received confirmation their player has been shipped. If not, no films for me this weekend :(

My account states the same.

I was really hoping for a nice "your item has been dispatched" email this morning, but nothing so far. :(

My account states the same.

I was really hoping for a nice "your item has been dispatched" email this morning, but nothing so far. :(

Still time mate :smashin: keep your fingers crossed. ;)

Auto is an option, it switches back to 1080i when the menus appear.

Cheers

:smashin:
Is there a 576i resolution option though,or 576p? (HDMI)
The US model you can manually select 480i is so desired :) just wanted to make sure Sony kept the native resolution for DVD on the UK model as well.

Did you get the 2 free discs voucher in the box? If so, what's the choice of films?
Anything decent??

my amazon order says despatch on the 5th sep with delivery estimate of 8-9th sep.

Last edited:
:smashin:
Is there a 576i resolution option though,or 576p? (HDMI)
The US model you can manually select 480i is so desired :) just wanted to make sure Sony kept the native resolution for DVD on the UK model as well.

Yes you are right, sorry for poor quality just a camera phone

Did you get the 2 free discs voucher in the box? If so, what's the choice of films?
Anything decent??

Not that I seen have not had time to flick through the papers.

my amazon order says despatch on the 5th sep with delivery estimate of 8-9th sep.

Mine too,

I can't wait for this, my first standalone BD player.

I’ve got my new Denon 1909 just sitting there waiting:D

That is good news about 480/576i.

How is the build quality? Could you post a pic of the remote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom