Panasonic DMPBD75 region hack

seeby

Standard Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a region hack for the new Panasonic DMPBD75? Apparantley, Panasonic Australia is no longer providing multi-region DVD on their Blu-Ray/DVD players.

Hi did you get a hack as I have the same model, was told it was multi-region but it's not :(

Panasonic players can be multi region hacked. Unfortunately it cannot be done using the supplied remote control (as other players can). It requires a special 'service' remote control.

However have a look at this site (Multiregion Upgrades - Online source for Blu-Ray multi-region solderless firmware remote hacks external tool codes to make your player region free. Multi region your DVD by clicking here.). They supply custom made 'remotes' that send the correct signals to the player to make it region free. What's more, they supply them on a rental basis, so once you have done the job, you can return the kit to them.

Note: that many Panasonic players sold in NTSC regions won't play PAL discs.

Ian.

Further to above, the remote hack only works for making DVD region free. If you want to make the Blu-ray region free, that is a more complicated task requiring the installation of a extra chip (not a job for the faint hearted).

Ian.

Thanks EngIan I have looked on the site you recomended but they don't seem to have a hack for the DMP-BD75 any other ideas?

Can the DMP-BD75EK-G, which I assume is the same but the European model?, be made region-free?

And when you say service-remote-control, can you also do it yourself with a One for All remote, or does it have to be a special factory service one?

just talked to shop selling BD75 multi region so can be done. They would not tell me how though (it's so frustrating that no one as got the hack yet:( )

You need a service remote check out multiregion magic

So a service remote isn't the same as a remote with a magic button (like the One-for-All remotes)?

Thanks.

But now, I found this link:
DVD CHIPS UK FORUM -> PANASONIC DMP-BD75

Which seems to imply - I think - that the typical Panasonic code does NOT work? Or am I misunderstanding?

I'm getting confused - it's also weird that with such a cheap model there isn't more info online.

I have tried a couple of sites and been sent remotes to try but nothing as worked:(

Have just spoken to guy at Multiregionmagic and he says that they have a remote that will work for ÂŁ24.99.
I have ordered 1 should be here next week will let you know if it works

Thanks. It would be great a) if it worked and b) if the codes would leak then so that I could do it with a One4all remote!
Keep us updated - thanks :)

@Johnrampage
Can you post the exact remote and a link to where it can be bought?

giddion, mentm is correct that is the place I got the remote from I ordered over the phone and they sent it to me the same day.

Thanks for the info and link. I hat to sound like a noob and a pest, but any idea how to get it in Australia?
They do not seem to ship over here.

Anyone want to paypal sell me theirs and post to Australia?
DMP-BD75

So, you got the remote, but did you change the region for just DVDs or also Blu-Ray? I would like to change the Blu-Ray regions.

the remote is for dvd only

So, you got the remote, but did you change the region for just DVDs or also Blu-Ray? I would like to change the Blu-Ray regions.
unfortunately to be able to play multiregion blu ray the player like most others ,i do beleive the only way round this is ti have a hardware modification

Sorry for the long delay in replying but I was away.
I don't know about blu ray as I don't have any R1 blu rays sorry I can't be of more help

Thanks for the info and link. I hat to sound like a noob and a pest, but any idea how to get it in Australia?
They do not seem to ship over here.

Anyone want to paypal sell me theirs and post to Australia?
DMP-BD75

Hi. Just wondering if you had any luck with getting this remote control and making your machine DVD region free?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom