Harmony Remote Multiregion DVD Hack for Panasonic, Pioneer & Sony Blu-ray's Pt.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please do not send me emails or Private Messages requesting details or for technical queries, they will be ignored. Post all requests or questions in this thread.

You MUST read this entire post before requesting the details.

Announcement 17/07/09
The Panasonic Hack is broken again and will now remain unavailable until further notice until I can find out what's happening.

So for now, this hack is only available for Sony & Pioneer players.

Update 15/06/09
The Harmony Remote Models; 1000 & 1100 are not currently supported. Future support is planned.

Update 26/01/09
mossym has kindly offered to help me distribute the credentials.

Thanks guys :smashin:

Update 21/01/09
lfc1394 has kindly offered to help out and will be sending the Log-in info also. :thumbsup:

Update 06/01/09
Great News: :arty: There is now a new hack for the Pioneers: BDP-51, BDP-LX71, BDP-LX91 (and possibly other models). Many thanks to Blu-rayx for helping me out greatly by adding the info to the account and also to Crustyloafer for the Hex codes.

Warning 29/12/08
In recent days someone has been attempting to change the password for this-account. This could have resulted in this service becoming unavailable to everyone.

Please whoever you are, STOP.

Please just be patient instead of trying to ruin it for everyone else.

For the record I am in touch with someone that works for Logitech and I will obtain the culprits IP address and make it public if this continues. Consider this a Final warning. :lesson:

And we can then trace that back to a user name if it's a member on here. So, if people continue to ruin it for everyone, then we will take it further. :mad:

This thread takes over from the previous 4 listed below:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-...-bd35-55-dvd-region-hack-harmony-remotes.html
http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-...bdp-lx71-dvd-region-hack-harmony-remotes.html
http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-...-s5000es-dvd-region-hack-harmony-remotes.html
http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-...panasonic-pioneer-sony-blu-rays-part-4-a.html

Please do not send me emails or Private Messages requesting details or for technical queries, they will be ignored. Post all requests or questions in this thread.

Post #2 lists alternative methods and compatible players.

Below are instructions on how to make your Blu-ray player region free for DVD (not Blu-ray) using a Logitech Harmony Universal Remote and the software that came with it.

Note: Region Free Blu-ray can only be achieved with a hardware modification.

This information is to be used entirely at your own risk and I accept no liability whatsoever.
Under no circumstances should you post this log-in information or pass it on. I do not want it to get into the wrong hands and have the profile messed around with.

1. Post in this thread with a request for the Log-in details and I will send you them via PM.
  2. It is vital that only 1 user is logged in to the Harmony account at-a-time. So please check here that nobody is logged in and, if all clear, post here to say you are logging in.
  3. Use the details to Login to the Harmony Software (You may have to logout of your normal account first)
  4. Select "Replace Remote" to change the profile to your own model. If that is unavailable, "Update Remote" should also work.
  5. Once your remote has been updated you can disconnect it from your PC then please Logout of the account.
  6. Now please edit your forum post to say you are logged out to give the all-clear to the next user.
  7. Use the following instructions to apply the hack:
FOR PANASONIC
1. Use the remote that came with the player to bring the player out of standby, make sure there isn't a disc in it.
2. Press the Activity button "Panasonic MR" and the remote will send the 10 hack commands in sequence.
3. If all works ok the Blu Ray player will reboot
When its finished it will not actually tell you its region free, just simply try it with different region DVDs.

FOR PIONEER
1. Power on the player with the original remote or the button on the player itself.
2. Open the tray with the original remote or the button on the player itself.
3. On the Harmony remote: Press the "Pioneer MR" activity.
The tray should now close and the player should turn itself off.
FOR SONY
1. Use the remote that came with the player to bring the player out of standby, make sure there isn't a disc in it and wait for the Home menu to appear.
2. Press the Activity button "Sony MR", keeping the remote pointing at the player for approx. 5 seconds until the 24p light starts flashing
3. Put the player back into standby with the Sony remote
4. Next time you turn on the player it will be region free for DVD playback

• Upon completion, please re-edit your post to let me know if it succeded or not and which player you are hacking. This will help me to maintain a list of compatible players.
  • You can now login to the Harmony software with your usual details and revert your remote to your own settings.

Now you have read these instructions, when you request the details you must include the exact statement: "I have read and understood the contents of the 1st post and will follow the instructions given".

Last edited by a moderator:
Compatible Players

So far this hack has not worked with any US Models.
It is possible that other models from the below manafacturers will work. If you do try, please post any results and I can update the list.

SONY
PAL Models Only
BDP-S350
BDP-S550
BDP-S5000ES
DAV-DZ30
DAV-IS50 (that's the home theater with tiny speakers and wireless rear speakers)

PANASONIC
PAL Models Only
DMP-BD30
DMP-BD50
DMP-BD35
DMP-BD55
DMP-BD60
DMP-BD80

PIONEER
PAL Models only
BDP-LX91
BDP-LX71
BDP-51FD
DV-410V-K

Incompatible
SONY BDP-S300

Alternative Remote Hacking Methods

http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-ray-dvd-players/885440-blu-ray-player-multi-region-hex-codes.html

http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-...50-dvd-region-hack-nokia-n95.html#post8221938
All4One Remote for Sony Hack
http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-...ti-region-hack-all4one-remote-forum-bike.html

ALL4One Hack for Panasonic

All4One Remote at Argos for £14.69

Another request for the login details for:

Sony BDP-S350
Harmony 670 remote

I have read and understood the contents of the 1st post and will follow the instructions given.

Thanks Guys :thumbsup:

Just realised, my last post didnt have enough info. I have the Harmony one remote and pioneer BD-51.

I have read and understood the contents of the 1st post and will follow the instructions given

Thanks

Andy

Details sent.

Sony BDP-S350
Harmony 555 remote

I have read and understood the contents of the 1st post and will follow the instructions given.

Thanks in advance,
Charles.

Details sent.

I have a Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blue Ray player. I have several blue ray discs bought in the US but they cannot play on my Panasonic. How do I disable the Region checking code on my Panasonic? I also have a Logitech Harmony One unit.

The hack mentioned in these pages (read the 1st post) is for making PAL players region free for DVD only. If you want to multi-region for blu-ray you need a chip.

Sony BDP-S350
Harmony 670 remote

Thanks Guys :thumbsup:

details sent.

It would be awesome If i can "borrow" the hack-profile for my Sony BDP-S350 for a little while... so I can make it multiregion..

Thanx in advance!!!:thumbsup:

It would be awesome If i can "borrow" the hack-profile for my Sony BDP-S350 for a little while... so I can make it multiregion..

Thanx in advance!!!:thumbsup:

please read the 1st post all the way through.

Thanks

It would be awesome If I can "borrow" the profile for my Sony BDP-S350 for a little while... so I can make it multiregion..

Thanx in advance ...

It would be awesome If I can "borrow" the profile for my Sony BDP-S350 for a little while... so I can make it multiregion..

Thanx in advance ...

Details sent

And logged off successfully ... I'm in heaven... it worked marvelously on my Sony BDP-S350 ... Thanx for all mate.. God Bless You :clap::thumbsup:

hi,

i'd like to request login details for pioneer bdp-51fd / harmony remote.

thank you.

Please can I have the log in details for the Sony BDP-S350 using the harmony remote.

Cheers

Hi All
Could I please get the log in details to hack my pana DB35

I have read and understood the contents of the 1st post and will follow the instructions given

Thanks In Advance :thumbsup:

Lee

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom