Toshiba EP30 Region Free Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have the discs burnt off myself including the toshiba v4.0 firmware that I can post on now as i've sold my EP30.
can you send them to me if you PM me your address i will send you an SAE for discs and cover postage
ta
n

Jase Winter , once the the 10 are up you can still upload again:), i have never really looked for a permanent solution but like the above Megaload there is a few sites like this or use your own account space not looked into that yet as well..

Jase Winter , once the the 10 are up you can still upload again:), i have never really looked for a permanent solution but like the above Megaload there is a few sites like this or use your own account space not looked into that yet as well..

Yeah I figured that, just don't really wanna have to be uploading them every 10 times lol. Maybe once people have downloaded them they can also share them using the same site?

Yeah I figured that, just don't really wanna have to be uploading them every 10 times lol. Maybe once people have downloaded them they can also share them using the same site?

Yea right i said that 8 uploads ago :rotfl:

With thanks to kandinsky, I recieved the update discs today and have just spent a good half hour bricking it that I may end up bricking my player but now it is done and I'm watching my Region One copy of "The Island". Thanks to Viking.

I now have a set of upgrade discs EP30 to EP35 with a Firmware 4.0 also to pass on. Anyone who wants it, please PM me. Cheers.

I uploaded all the cd images to mediafire (EP30 1+2+V4 Firmware, EP35 1+2+V4 Firmware as well as the original instructions), it's supposed to be unlimited downloads from there.

It will probably help to have the images in a few places to ensure everyone can get them when they need them.

***As Viking61 said, ensure you are familiar with the flashing process before attempting it on your machine, make sure you read the included instructions thoroughly.***

If you wish to flash your EP30 Into a quasi EP35 you need to substitute the EP35-dirty2 disc at the second stage in place of the original EP30-dirty2 disc as mentioned in earlier posts.

Once the region free upgrade is applied you can then upgrade to the latest V4 firmware using the appropriate disc (please note if you have flashed your EP30 into an EP35 you will need to use EP35 V4 firmware at this stage....

If you need software to burn the images, I'd recommend the excellent (and free !) imgburn (The Official ImgBurn Website). Use only a cdr or cdrw (no dvd's).

www.mediafire.com/HDDVD

Last edited:
Hi all,

I have upgraded my A30 to EP35 and everything work fine. However, there is some occasion that my player will stop at the Welcome sign when I turn it on and I need to unplug the power to resume it. Do anyone of you get the same problem? Do I need to reflash my player again? Thanks.

I've downloaded Jase Winter's instructions and then Khitomer's ep30files.zip but I *think* I still need Firmware 4 after that - am I right?

This whole procedure confuses me a bit if I'm honest but am keen to persist as a region free ep30 would be a treat! Any help hugely appreciated!!! :smashin:

I've downloaded Jase Winter's instructions and then Khitomer's ep30files.zip but I *think* I still need Firmware 4 after that - am I right?

This whole procedure confuses me a bit if I'm honest but am keen to persist as a region free ep30 would be a treat! Any help hugely appreciated!!! :smashin:

I can't take credit for the instructions or the firmware, that was Viking61! You don't need v4.0 but it is the latest version of the firmware released by toshiba.

Stay away from firmware version 2.0-3.0 if you want to use 1080p/24 though as there is a problem with jaggies with certain codecs.

Last edited:
I still have the EP30 discs (dirty 1,2 and v4.0) if someone wants them as EJOC never replied to my PM.

I'm interested in the firmware but am just a bit confused regarding doing the update here in NTSC land. I don't have a TV that does PAL. I tried reading the whole thread and I read about IF you don't have a PAL display it could be problematic.

I have an A30 and am interested in adding some of the bitstream stuff.

I burned a CD with the ISO image and my A30 with Ver 4.0 said my disk is not a DVD format. ???

Reburned with Nero and double checked it is burning as image. I get to the update yes or no screen, select yes, VERUP appears, takes about a minute and the drawer opens and the A30 does nothing more.

I must be doing something wrong. Do I need to go back to 1.3 firmware as I'm at 4.0.

Reburned with Nero and double checked it is burning as image. I get to the update yes or no screen, select yes, VERUP appears, takes about a minute and the drawer opens and the A30 does nothing more.

I must be doing something wrong. Do I need to go back to 1.3 firmware as I'm at 4.0.

You need to do the dirty discs 1+2 before flashing the firmware with the V4 disc, it will effectively convert your A30 into an EP30. From Vikings original post

"If you have an A30 or A35 and plan to make it into a regionfree EP30 or EP35, please ensure that your TV or projector can handle PAL before starting the process. Even though the EP30 and EP35 can playback NTSC, they will have PAL as default."

Thanks Carlito. Yes, I understand that. I'm already at Toshiba's 4.0 for the A30 via the normal update process.

I am trying to do the first disk. It does as I've indicated, reads, lets me answer yes or no, starts the VERUP, in about a minute the drawer pops open.

Thanks Carlito. Yes, I understand that. I'm already at Toshiba's 4.0 for the A30 via the normal update process.

I am trying to do the first disk. It does as I've indicated, reads, lets me answer yes or no, starts the VERUP, in about a minute the drawer pops open.

Ah sorry, wasn't sure which part you were trying to do there. What does the display on the player show during the minute before the disc ejects ?

I wanted to thank Viking who has worked with me to iron out my application and update process. Thanks again.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom