Disable all the chat and especially swearing!!

Dubster

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to turn off the chat i can hear while playing online?? as im not using a headset i rather not hear *******etc etc through the speakers while im playing :rolleyes:
Btw i know you can mute each player but i rather do a total blanket mute.

I just plug the headset in and leave it on my lap.. :)

Same here usually, i'll give it a try and if the other people sound civilised i may keep it on, usually though i fling it to one side

I'm pretty sure it can be done. I thought you pressed the Guide button and went into your settings and had the option to swap between voice-output to your headset, speakers or disabled?

I found this which said it's elsewhere, but it should be possible.

Parental Controls and Account Settings
The parental controls that you (or your parents) set for your Xbox console apply to Xbox Live games. If you've set the game rating at Teen (see your Xbox Instruction Manual for how to do this), you don't have to worry about your kid accidentally playing a Mature title just because it's Xbox Live enabled. For more information about game parental controls, see How To Set Parental Controls.

Parents, or any account owner, can also disable voice communication and downloadable content with fees. With Voice disabled, you cannot hear or talk to anyone on Xbox Live. With premium purchases disabled, no downloads or other purchases that would be billed to your credit card are allowed.

To disable voice communication or premium purchases:

1. Go to Account Management and select your Xbox Live account.
2. Select Account Settings.
3. Select Voice or Premium Purchases to enable or disable these settings.

I've joined my gametag to the Family Zone - this seems to mean that you only interact with other family zone members online - ie no swearing etc.

This made a HUGE difference for me in terms of the language used on live when kids were around etc.

Then there are the speaker and player settings mentioned above that you can investigate also ...

Sword

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom