GT5 and 3d

Reaction score
Im unsure if anyone can answer this yet,as im lucky to have the game early, but when played on my samsung 680, the only way i can play the game in 3d is by selecting 2d - 3d, which cant be right as sony has said this game would have full 3d support, even says so on the back of the game?

anyone also have this early and tell me how to select the best 3d experience?

thanks

sorted, its a settings in the display options you have to change to 3d output, would be nice to have some instructions in the manual, but at 4 or 5 pages long im guessing there wasnt room lol, anyway looks nice in 3d, drops to 720p, but theyve maintained 60 fps

yeh, might purchaase this game on wed if its really good 3D (didnt rate the prologue, felt really slow and dull.

Do you work for Game :)

nah, wife works at a rental store, and there aloud to take new releases home early, only exceptions are call of duty and halo games there not allowed to be taken out of the building early, tbh i was surprised she was allowed to rent gt5 out (but wasnt going to argue when her boss said it was ok :) )

How is the 3d on this game, any good?

well, not good to be honest, it keeps running at 60fps but the resolution drops to 720p, which you notice after playing it at 1080p, but thats not my issue as theyve done well to stay at 60fps, it suffers very badly from crosstalk (i think you refer to it as crosstalk) you can see an outline of the dials and racing line, infact nearly everything has a feint outline about 2mm over from the original postion.

im running it on a ps3 linked direct to my samsung 680, as my amp is only 1.3 not 1.4.

Not good to read about crosstalk issues. Your running the TV in GAME MODE?

Please give us more info with cockpit view and play in the rain or night stages. Also photomode, how much more impressive do those cars look?

Last edited:
cockpit view is great, its the view i like to use and looks great, only done 1 night stage and it was really realistic and your car lights only lit up what an actual car would, not done a rain stage yet, but with how good the rest of the game looks im looking forward to trying it, car handling is spot on, you can tell when you are going in to a corner to fast and you need to lay off the gas, and when the car understeers, even the sound of the car seem spot on, a friend commented how the civic type r sounded just like his old one :) not tried photo mode yet, will give a go in a while.

this game is crying out for a steering wheel set up, but after a new telly, kinect and xmas coming, i think my wife would kill me if i suggested it............. so i wont (yet;))

game mode? silly question wheres that setting?

Just ran GT5 on my Samsung 7000 and very little crosstalk, the only bad part is the right hand door post, inside view only, outside view cant see any, only if a bright object crosses a very dark area :)

What 3d settings are you using ( on ps3 ) and do u have game mode enabled?

The 3d settings are a nightmare, as u cannot see what affect the settings do for the 3d until you click apply and then start a race, very annoying

PS3 3D Gaming Settings
In Plug & Play, General turn Game Mode on

Picture Mode

Standard

Cell Light : 17
Contrast : 100
Brightness : 50
Sharpness : 50
Colour : 55
Tint (G/R) : G50/R50

Advanced Settings

Black tone : Off
Dynamic Contrast : Off
Gamma : +1
Expert Pattern : Off
RGB Only Mode : Off
Colour Space : Native
White Balance
10p White Balance : Off
Flesh tone : 0
Edge Enhancement : Off
xvYCC : Off

Picture Options

Colour Tone : Normal
Size : Screen Fit
Screen Mode : 16:9
Digital Noise Filter : Auto
MPEG Noise Filter : Auto
HDMI Black Level : Normal
Film Mode : Off

3D

3D Mode : Off
3D-2D : Off
3D View Point : 0
Depth : 5
Picture Correction
3D Auto View : On

PS3 3D Gaming Settings
In Plug & Play, General turn Game Mode on

Picture Mode

Standard

Cell Light : 17
Contrast : 100
Brightness : 50
Sharpness : 50
Colour : 55
Tint (G/R) : G50/R50

Advanced Settings

Black tone : Off
Dynamic Contrast : Off
Gamma : +1
Expert Pattern : Off
RGB Only Mode : Off
Colour Space : Native
White Balance
10p White Balance : Off
Flesh tone : 0
Edge Enhancement : Off
xvYCC : Off

Picture Options

Colour Tone : Normal
Size : Screen Fit
Screen Mode : 16:9
Digital Noise Filter : Auto
MPEG Noise Filter : Auto
HDMI Black Level : Normal
Film Mode : Off

3D

3D Mode : Off
3D-2D : Off
3D View Point : 0
Depth : 5
Picture Correction
3D Auto View : On

Thanks for those, but i meant on the game,

Mine looks great, but at the end of a license race when the engineers walk around the crosstalk is awfully bad, it is massively out of whack

ive had a play with settings and game mode made a great difference , so thanks for that :)

in gt5 ive got parralex set to 1 and convergence set to 0 , and cross talk is only noticeable in the incar view the 2 sets of dials have a slight halo about 2mm left of the original dials and the racing line has another outline slightly to the left again,

off topic but grifo did you do those airbrush paintings on your website? if so there brill love the "brain" helmit

Had a major play with this last night.

On my Sammy c750 firmware 3003 and I wasn't impressed with the 3d at all - not much depth at all so I had a tweak of the settings within GT5.

The TV settings are Optimisation at 0 and viewpoint 0.

I have got what I feel is perfect for the view that just shows the dials and the mirror - closest to road view. Paralax 8, Convergence 9 looks stunning.

Thing is, my prefered view is the dashboard one, as I like the head tracking function - and for the life of me I can't find 3d settings that I like that gives great depth with minimal crosstalk.

Not sure how they have done the 3d in this game, just needs too much effort to get right compared to other 3d games on the PS3 like wipeout and pacific storm.

If anybody has tweaked the settings for dash view then let me know.

Can''t believe in that review he says ..“The 3D in Gran Turismo 5 is the best example of 3D in a game so far” WHAT!

And "It easily eclipses Black Ops" ..

made me laugh, maybe he has a different version to us lol

Can''t believe in that review he says ..“The 3D in Gran Turismo 5 is the best example of 3D in a game so far” WHAT!

And "It easily eclipses Black Ops" ..

Is tbe 3D in the game not very good?

Is tbe 3D in the game not very good?

I found that it doesnt add a lot of depth and at times the crosstalk is the worst I have seen in any 3D material I have seen.

I have yet to tweak my settings however and I have only played 3D on 1 track.

I've just messed around with the 3D settings in the game and for me Parallax set at 2 and Convergence set at 1.00 give me good 3D, good depth, and replays look, sometime they do look like toy cars going round the track, I'm going to try some more settings.

I get bad crosstalk at the beginning, that's because of the extreme contrast between the darks and lights, walking out of the tunnel and the pit crews black trousers agains the light background, don't care what 3D TV you have everyone is going to have bad crosstalk their, but very very little in the game.

Last edited:
Have you guys tried the 'Picture Correction' setting on the Samsung TVs? I find that this can dramatically alter how much crosstalk there is and how it looks. I use it whenever i watch a new program. If it doesnt work the first time try it again as the scene that is on the screen at the time it is implemented can affect how it corrects the picture.
I dont have GT5 yet but am planning on purchasing a copy tonight so will report back my 3D findings.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom