Samsung PS51D550

simonchandler

Standard Member
Reaction score
This is a step up from the D450 you asked about in the other thread in the sense that it is full HD 1080P. This should be a better TV for your money.

I just ordered this today for delivery tomorrow. I was hoping to find some set up advice but it seems too new

went for cheap electricals UK. It was between them and Robert Whyte and considered Play
I must say though that cheap electricals had great customer service
Ill just need to figure out this allshare stuff with it although doubt ill use i very often

ordered mine from e shop brookers online cost 749 pound had 1 week now must say had hitachi plasma before 42 " but this just blows that away 3d is excellent to watch, watched football the other night on sky 3d what a picture would thoughly recomend this tv..............

My one is replacing a hitachi 42" plasma as well. What are the chances!!!
Was it easy to set up and where did you get the glasses from?

No glasses was told there would be some in the box but questioned when tv arrived have since found out you dont get any. You will also need this years glasses as last years 3d glasses are infered and this years models use blue tooth to connect to tv. Bought my glasses on line from direct tvs had them at 49 pound each on offer have seen online somewhere tv 2 pairs of glasses and 5 year warrenty if you do as i did it took 5 days looking on line reviewing tvs and as i said i purchesed this tv from e shop brookers had never used them before and it was alot of money to spend on something i could not find any reveiws from from a shop i had not heard of, i ran them up the guy i spoke to was very help full and i said about my concerns of tv but took my chance and as i said very good tv

no glasses you will need 2011 glasses as 2010 are infered blue tooth 2011 models

What model glasses did you go for as I think there are a few types?
have you tried the allshare thing?

Im looking forward to gettimg mine then. I see play now have these for £45

its a bit cheeky not suppling at least one pair of specs, have been looking for a review for this tv for a while, im going to leave it a couple of weeks, im hoping they will have a glasses and blu ray deal. Like lasts years monsters v aliens deal

They do but out of stock but they dont tell you that. you will enjoy your telly mate hope i have been helpful..............

Just arrived. All plugged in and looking good. Now time to play with the settings. Any suggestions on where to start??

Just taken a few but cant seem to upload them, can you just drop them in rather than entering a URL?

img0458dn.jpg

img0456z.jpg

img0459lz.jpg

just waiting on the PS3 and logitech z5500 speakers

Very happy with the TV, easy setup. Tried a few films on the USB stick and they work great with an easy to use menu.
Xbox 360 has a great picture and is 100 times better than my last TV
Should get the glasses delivered on Monday so can try out the 3D side. Will also set up the PS3 and hopefully have the speakers delivered so should be able to do more of a write up
So far though I would recommend the TV but it is early days

Very happy with the TV, easy setup. Tried a few films on the USB stick and they work great with an easy to use menu.
Xbox 360 has a great picture and is 100 times better than my last TV
Should get the glasses delivered on Monday so can try out the 3D side. Will also set up the PS3 and hopefully have the speakers delivered so should be able to do more of a write up
So far though I would recommend the TV but it is early days

Hi Nick.
How are things with your new toy?

Just had the dongle delivered but having trouble setting it up. It says it cantconnect to the network!!
Any suggestions?
I missed the delievry of the speakers and PS3 but they are getting redeliered tomorrow so will have a go with them tomorrow night.
Then it will just be setting up the network!!!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom