Samsung PS50C7000 pricing/reviews/owners thread - part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would like to see that ps3 media center samsung.conf file ready for my sammy that should be here this week please
TIA

Code:
# ps3mediaserver renderer profile for Samsung Wiselink
# Refer to PS3.conf for help

RendererName=Samsung PS50C7000
RendererIcon=samsung.png
UserAgentSearch=samsung
Video=true
Audio=true
Image=true
SeekByTime=false
TranscodeVideo=MPEGAC3
TranscodeAudio=PCM
DefaultVBVBufSize=true
MuxH264ToMpegTS=true
MuxDTSToMpeg=true
WrapDTSIntoPCM=false
MuxLPCMToMpeg=false
MaxVideoBitrateMbps=0
MaxVideoWidth=0
MaxVideoHeight=0
MimeTypesChanges=audio/wav=audio/L16|video/x-matroska=video/avi
TranscodeExtensions=mov
StreamExtensions=mp3,mp4,avi,mkv

You will either have to change RendererIcon=samsung.png to RendererIcon=bravia.png or add samsung.png image to the PMS.jar file in the resources\images\clients\ folder. A .jar file is just a renamed zip so you can open and edit it with any zip program.

There may be things this doesnt play but so far I haven't had any problems

Here is my samsung.png if you want to use it.
Samsung.png
just right click and save image.

just updated my tv, what a game i had trying to get to the usb port :mad:. Anyway, done the upgrade and no visible differences, maybe just a stablility upgrade???

just updated my tv, what a game i had trying to get to the usb port :mad:. Anyway, done the upgrade and no visible differences, maybe just a stablility upgrade???

I've updated mine too and have noticed now that I can pause in twonky so there's at least one improvement.

Dose anyone know if samsung are going to release the PS58C7000 In the UK,
England is the only County where the 58 version is not available, I find this a bit odd!! :confused:

Thanks in advance.

btw I think this thread should be renamed "Samsung PSxxC7000 pricing/reviews/owners thread", just a thought :D

Blu-rayx

Blu-rayx said:
Dose anyone know if samsung are going to release the PS58C7000 In the UK,
England is the only County where the 58 version is not available, I find this a bit odd!! :confused:

Thanks in advance.

btw I think this thread should be renamed "Samsung PSxxC7000 pricing/reviews/owners thread", just a thought :D

Blu-rayx

I heard from a samsung rep that they were not going to release the 58 inch c7000 in the uk...saying that he knew much about nothing lol so not sure if it was true.

Agree about renaming the thread...just out of curiosity what does the x in blu-rayx stand for :p

I heard from a samsung rep that they were not going to release the 58 inch c7000 in the uk...saying that he knew much about nothing lol so not sure if it was true.

Agree about renaming the thread...just out of curiosity what does the x in blu-rayx stand for :p
Thanks for the info. As for the x in Blu-rayx, No reason!!! lol :D

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
To be fair they are the rechargable ones which are more expensive than the normal battery versions

Hi

I have just received the TV yesterday but have a slight issue possibly. Everything seems ok with it apart from the Sky+ connection, I have it connected using Scart to Scart adapter into the ext (rgb) but the when viewing it produces lines across the screen and the Sky guide just seems blurry.

I have a tested using DVD and I do not see the same issue, well I do not think I can.

So I am assuming that their is a connection issue between the scart and the scart adapter, as the scart itself worked perfectly with an older TV.

Is this the best way to connect Sky+ or should I be using another connection other than scart to scart adapter.

I have not changed any settings as of yet but watching DVD's are very clear.

Cheers
Dave

try and turn rgb off and then on from yoru sky box
i noted this problem before on by old samsung led tv
best to upgrade your box anyways to sky hd if you got this tv

can we now do some new tests on 3d and so on for the new firmware

noted that the tv is now on play.com's website
Pre-order. | Due for release on 12/06/2010
looks like when most are getting stock then

noted that the tv is now on play.com's website
Pre-order. | Due for release on 12/06/2010
looks like when most are getting stock then

on the picture on play it shows crome stand ?? is this correct:thumbsup:

hi im new to this but ive been following this forum and ive brought the samsung 50c7000 it comes today,is it worth doing the burning 100hrs thing 1st as im going to be using xbox360 on it. Would this stop screen retention.if so what channel is best or usb stick full of pictures. i have sky hd 1tb box 3d blu ray all will be connected with 1.4 ethernet hdmi.
thanks

Hi everyone

Since i am very interested in buying this tv set i have a question for all the owners in here, and pardon me if this is allready discussed but i couldnt find anything in this thread.

So here goes.

I know this tv supports youtube. The question i want to ask is if you can select the resolution of the video (where applicable). So if for example there is a video with 480p,720p,1080p in youtube can you select the resolution OR it defaults to one (e.x. tha maximum).

Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad english. There not my native language.

just had phonecall delivery lorry
50 inch on its way 20 mins and counting
just pulled up
back on line later!

hi everyone,

does everyone tryed mkv 1080p movies?? i tested on my ps50c7000 and i always get a "blur" aroud people.

a dont have my tv correctly configurated.

help please ...

hi im new to this but ive been following this forum and ive brought the samsung 50c7000 it comes today,is it worth doing the burning 100hrs thing 1st as im going to be using xbox360 on it. Would this stop screen retention.if so what channel is best or usb stick full of pictures. i have sky hd 1tb box 3d blu ray all will be connected with 1.4 ethernet hdmi.
thanks

Just watch a normal range of programming, don't spend hours on one channel or game and it should be fine. You could just put the BBC on as there is no channel ID in the corner.

After sitting on the PS3 menus for a bit, I noticed a little bit of temporary image retention on mine (not the same as screen burn), but this passes after watching normal full screen TV for a few minutes.

I am sure I will be in the minority here but £64 for a pair of glasses that is very high price - especially if you have 3 or more kids.

Personally I will wait for them to come down to a more realistic price.

Your not..

£64 for a pair of kiddie glasses is extortionate.. considering the quoted life of normal CR2025's is 400 hours.. and at the end of the day, 3D is a novelty for now so I cant/dont see the point in paying a premium for recharge... espc since you can get a pack of 12 batteries for less then £4 :(

anyways.. Very have just delivered my starter kit :clap: so have 4 pairs of glasses, Onkyo 608 and the BD-C6900... Comet are due to deliver TV in the morn, cant wait.. I feel like a kid on christmas eve all over again only this time, instead of a tree, I have stuck up 2 extra speakers for Dolby Pro Logic IIz :clap:

Jeez.. I hope it all works :rotfl:

just had another oppurtunity of comparing the samsung LED model 46C8000 to the panny plasma 50 inch model. (CUrrys in merthyr - they have a large number of 3D models there - but no samsung plasma)

to be honest if i was not being brain washed i would have said the samsung had the better picture - it was more vibrant.

i also had the chance to look at the 3D performance again and to my humble eyes the 3D performace was basically the same. there certainly was not enough in it to justify the extra expense of the panny.

I had the chance to speak to one of the salesmen there and for once he knew his stuff. He has spent a number of hours with both the samsung and the panny. he did say that the pannys 3D picture was that tab better than the sammy LED (he had not seen the sammy plama yet though).

however if he was buying a set he would go for the samsung LED model (again he had not seen the plasma set yet). The thing that most impressed him was the 2d convertor on the sammy. he thought that on certain programmes it was very impressive and to him it was a no brainer to go for the sammy rather than the panny. to be fair to him he could have tried selling the panny to me as it was more expensive but to said save the money and get a samsung (i did not tell him i have already ordered the sammy through VERY).

and god the panasonic is ugly - the glasses are also very uncomfortable. the sammy glasses there had their sides covered which was great in blocking out any side light - i dont know whether the glasses that come with the starter pack are the same though

Last edited:
just had another oppurtunity of comparing the samsung LED model 46C8000 to the panny plasma 50 inch model. (CUrrys in merthyr - they have a large number of 3D models there - but no samsung plasma)

to be honest if i was not being brain washed i would have said the samsung had the better picture - it was more vibrant.

i also had the chance to look at the 3D performance again and to my humble eyes the 3D performace was basically the same. there certainly was not enough in it to justify the extra expense of the panny.

I had the chance to speak to one of the salesmen there and for once he knew his stuff. He has spent a number of hours with both the samsung and the panny. he did say that the pannys 3D picture was that tab better than the sammy LED (he had not seen the sammy plama yet though).

however if he was buying a set he would go for the samsung LED model (again he had not seen the plasma set yet). The thing that most impressed him was the 2d convertor on the sammy. he thought that on certain programmes it was very impressive and to him it was a no brainer to go for the sammy rather than the panny. to be fair to him he could have tried selling the panny to me as it was more expensive but to said save the money and get a samsung (i did not tell him i have already ordered the sammy through VERY).

and god the panasonic is ugly - the glasses are also very uncomfortable. the sammy glasses there had their sides covered which was great in blocking out any side light - i dont know whether the glasses that come with the starter pack are the same though

Currys is the ideal place to audition a TV. :rotfl:

Currys is the ideal place to audition a TV. :rotfl:

i know that its not ideal - just saying that both the panny and samsung were being shown in the same enviroment

Can anyone with this set and a 3D bluray report on the input frequency? People say VT20 accepts 96Hz and sony 120 (even heard 240 but that must be bull) so i was wondering if the sammy also went with the same 96hz approach. 48Hz/2 images for each eye seems low to avoid judder but i'm certain that 144Hz (global) would be a best approach than 120Hz, cuz even using 3:2 pulldown and alternating the extra frame between both eyes will probably result in judder.

Might that be the cause for all the ghosthing/crosstalk people complain (justly) in the led C7000/8000?!

Just got my 50" samsung today,very pleased with it,but thought the running in peroid for Plasma's was around 200 hours!,

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom