Samsung C750 LCD TV *Part 2*

Status
Not open for further replies.
well im gutted, i was going to order this tv later today but after reading that it has 41ms input lag in gaming mode has really put me off.

the word on this forum is that when in gaming mode the input lag is not noticable, well how these people cant notice 41ms when playing fps is beyond me.

it will make gow and mw2 almost unplayable.

please can a experienced person who knows what they are talking about and who has had afew lcd/led tvs and is a hardcore gamer let me know what its like.

ive got the samsung c6620 at the mo and the input lag is bad.

I play a ton of games and have not noticed any input lag at all when TV is set to game mode.

I play a ton of games and have not noticed any input lag at all when TV is set to game mode.

do you play cod mw2? what prestige are you on? are you good at it? have you had a tv in the past with bad input lag so you know exactly what it is when you see it?

poor response times and glitches as the tv catches up with commands?

do you play cod mw2? what prestige are you on? are you good at it? have you had a tv in the past with bad input lag so you know exactly what it is when you see it?

poor response times and glitches as the tv catches up with commands?

As I said I play a ton of games - however COD not being one of them. IMHO its a steaming pile of poo and a lame fan boy FPS.

I play Battlefield, Im top rank on BF1943 and BF:BC but I really dont see the relevence here...

Ive not had any issues with input lag on my older 720p TV or on this one. Im quite sure I would have noticed it.

Its your cash, if you think you will better on COD using another TV then save your pennies!

I've got this TV and at 29 am a keen gamer been playing for years and years and I have not noticed any input lag playing on this TV, the pictures great on the PS3.

The only thing that is doing my head is is the motion plus setting when using internet tv / media play. It takes away the "filmic" effect and makes using the Lovefilm app useless.

Anyone know if its possible at all to turn it off? You cant access the menu when using internet tv:confused:

My review tv,is v.good...
Previous comments on here say there is no 5.1 sound through optical, there is, you have to select it through the menus. 2d- 3d does not make images pop out the screen, but does add extra depth. True 3d films - clips are amazing, ps3 wipeout will keep you wowing!! No ghost images from 2d - 3d, bargain buy until tv's come out without the need for glasses.

It may depend on what other things you will watch on the tv too though such as Standard Def. However, once you watch some HD stuff on a 40" even at 7 feet away, you'll always feel you could have gone bigger! :D

I personally would go for a 40" at that distance. I have a 40" at about 8/9 feet away and the 3D effect I think is spot on plus SD stuff looks great too considering it's SD.

Here's a little example. Whilst watching a 3D trailer of an animated film 'Tragedy' there is a part where some arrows are fired into a wanted poster on a tree. Now if I sit closer to the tv then those arrows appear to come out of the tv to about 18inch. If I sit further away, they appear to come out of the tv to about 30inch so my thought of thinking is if the tv is bigger and therefore you would appear closer, then the affect may be the same?

Who knows though, maybe a 46inch would have bigger arrows anyway :facepalm:

Sorry I couldn't help more.

EDIT: sorry re-read your post and you asked if acceptable then the answer is definately yes. the way I looked at it, in a few years if I were to buy another model when the tech has improved, maybe I would buy a bigger set and I could still get away with a 40" into the bedroom - although my son would try his hand I'd have thought!
Hello again VALUEFORMONEY,
arrived home today for Currys armed with the 40C750 Samsung and 2 pairs of glasses:D
I must say it is a cracking tv! The HD channels in the built in turner look as good as the skyHD equivalents, the 2D to 3D looks very good for what it is - i watched some football on ITVHD and Avata BR - i have had the sky 3D channel switched on tonight by sky ,but there is nothing transmitting until 10.00 tomorrow morning so i will post my findings then - even though its only trailers at the moment at least it gives me an idea of what to expect.
I have seen for the above posts that sky 3D will probably have more crosstalk than full 3D blue ray so i will post my findings tomorrow.
I didnt buy a 3D BR player as there is nothing to watch yet so i will wait until prices drop and movies arrive.
I have last years B750 which is also a great tv and in many ways very similar but without the 3D and a slightly lower contrast ratio ( not very noticable ).
So all in all very happy with this model, and from what i have seen and read; as good as the LED models :smashin:

saarnold

so i have another question before my av build is finished!

with regards to 3d content can you literally just download it like any other film (of course with paying) and then use a media centre pc to play it back?

or do you need something a bit more special? is the 3d encoded into the file and then anything can play it? or do you need Nvidia?

for example, could i download a 3d trailer, connect my pc to the tv and then play it back like any other clip?

thanks

GP

Hi all C750 owners,
got my 40C750 with glasses yesterday, got sky to turn on my 3D channel ( after upgrading - already had movie package, so only another £9 ) :)
At the moment sky only has preview and test footage but its enough to see how good it will work and the potential of future programmes.
From what i have just seen on this 3D channel i have to say i am very pleased with this tv, yes there was a little crosstalk which was eliminated after adjusting the View Point in the 3D menu to -5 ( a good reference point is the SKY LOGO that comes way out of the tv - i used that to adjust the view point which seem to do the trick and on all the footage that followed - almost perfect!:smashin:
2D to 3D not as good as pure 3D but still good.
Pure 2D - the C750 is as good if not better than anything i have seen in the LED tv ranges and most plasmas ( bar viewing angle ) except the top end Panasonics which are alot more expensive.
I am a compulsive upgrader - in the last 4 years i have had 5 HDTVs, so i would be loathed to spend £2000 + on a tv only to upgrade 1 year later, so for me pound for pound, picture wise( fantastic blacks, contrast ratio - 300,000-1, 200hz, internet ect. )- the C750 is by far the best tv on the market no question:thumbsup:

so i have another question before my av build is finished!

with regards to 3d content can you literally just download it like any other film (of course with paying) and then use a media centre pc to play it back?

or do you need something a bit more special? is the 3d encoded into the file and then anything can play it? or do you need Nvidia?

for example, could i download a 3d trailer, connect my pc to the tv and then play it back like any other clip?

thanks

GP

If the 3D material is encoded in Single-Frame SS3D ( side-by side, top-bottom etc) YES you can use a media center pc to play it back, and then put HDTV in 3D mode and select the corresponding 3D format to view it wearing the active shutter glasses after turn them on.

I've got this TV and at 29 am a keen gamer been playing for years and years and I have not noticed any input lag playing on this TV, the pictures great on the PS3.

The only thing that is doing my head is is the motion plus setting when using internet tv / media play. It takes away the "filmic" effect and makes using the Lovefilm app useless.

Anyone know if its possible at all to turn it off? You cant access the menu when using internet tv:confused:

Yes you can, you press the "Tools" button on the remote, then go to Picture Options. Just don't press "Menu"!

With regards to input lag, in reality this TV performs well. Far, far better than my previous EX503 which rendered most games unplayable, but not quite as responsive as the G20. But still, very playable and not an issue for me.

I still absolutely love this TV. I was never completely happy with the EX503 (banding, input lag) and the G20 (soft image, floating blacks [HATED this], phosphor lag, posterisation, washed out during daylight). But I just can't get enough of my C750 :)

Last edited:
I think all the reviews you read on the net are done in the dark.They all go on about picture quality of plasma's and their blacks.
Had an LG 50PK590 before this set and that set was unwatchable during the day times, all we could see was our reflections and the picture was totally washed out and grey in day time and C750 beat the LG set for blacks even in the dark.

The HD channels in the built in turner look as good as the skyHD equivalents
That answers my question in a separate thread then - it is a HD tuner, right?
One or two dealers list it that way but I can't find anything in the manual to confirm it.
Just the two channels, and they appear in with the rest of the digital channels?
You on Emley Moor transmitter?
Here, further east, HD doesn't start until next year.

I have absolutely no idea how to calibrate the screen to get the best out of it... i mean, i just alter the standard, movie, natural, dynamic modes. I tend to ke
Nor have I, and I shan't be looking to find out. I don't see how anything could improve this brilliant picture
Currys and Comet had it up for £1299.
I've been looking at prices online for the C750
I took the best I found online, without seeing it in stores, relying on Samsung's description and specification. It's nothing short of perfect, and the service is not bad either.:D
Product Details - Samsung LE46C750

Last edited:
That answers my question in a separate thread then - it is a HD tuner, right?
One or two dealers list it that way but I can't find anything in the manual to confirm it.
Just the two channels, and they appear in with the rest of the digital channels?
You on Emley Moor transmitter?
Here, further east, HD doesn't start until next year.

Hi logiciel,
yes indeed it does have an HD tuner :smashin:. I live in the Leeds area and was surprised to find the HD channels working ( i dont know what transmitter i'm on ). I have 3 HD channels ; BBCHD,ITVHD,Channel4HD and as far as i am aware i should be picking up LUXHD but it is not showing - i have tried retuning but still no LUX !::laugh:
They do indeed appear with the rest of the channels and all 3 channels look stunning. Anyway logiciel, by the time you get HD next year there will definately be more channels available including Channel5DH:)

saarnold

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks very much for that information.
I hadn't realised that C4HD is on Freeview, but Luxe is a satellite channel so you won't find that.

Doesnt work, hitting tools while streaming a Lovefilm flick does nothing...?

Use this workaround:

1) Go in to Youtube videos
2) Select a video clip
3) Press Tools
4) Choose Picture Setting
5) et Voila! The settings you choose here will also apply to Lovefilm content.

What picture settings do you use on your TV. Just got one I am doing my nut trying to find the best settings for sky etc.

What picture settings do you use on your TV. Just got one I am doing my nut trying to find the best settings for sky etc.

Whatever you do, just make sure you turn sharpness down to between 0-10. By default it is at 50 which ruins the image quality.

Also, check out HDTVTest.co.uk for their calibrated settings.

Has anyone got theirs to recognise photo and video files on their PCs using Samsung PC Share Manager? Mine recognises the Manager is present but won't look into the specified files.

At last a review:
Samsung LE40C750/ LE46C750 3D TV Review: 200Hz LCD HDTV

You can read whatever discussed in there.:lesson:
The goods:
It is better than LED on all picture aspects.

And the bads:
24Hz judder with Motion Plus.
3D crosstalk is there.
41ms input lag.

Conclusion:
We need a calibration.

Thanks for link SlionB!

Shame that Samsung still havn't sorted the motion problems as it seems it was apparent on the older 650 also reviewed at the same site.

He describes it as exactly as I see it, when watching 24p bluray with motion settings as judder=0, blur=10 - every now and then you get what feels like a layer change on dual layer DVD's, a slight frame skip/judder.

It's a shame as when set to the above settings motion is crystal clear but I can't live with the hiccups every few minutes.

I also note that without it on, running content at 24Hz, although doesn't have any skipping/judder still doesn't seem to be as smooth as I expected it would/should be - but I can't say for fact as there are other contributions to this issue:
The Big Judder Problem and the Overhyping of 24p

It is also apparent on content at 50Hz (Sky box) when using the motion settings. I have it set to clear for football and while the motion and clarity stays in tact, it still has this glitch every few minutes.

This is my only gripe with this TV. I can't understand the point of having a motion enhancing feature that trades off for other motion frame skips/judder.

If we could have the settings on without and judder/skipping this set would be perfect!!!!!

I just wish old Samsung would release a nice firmware update for the motion issue and it would be happy days for me!:D

Last edited:
Thanks for link SlionB!

Shame that Samsung still havn't sorted the motion problems as it seems it was apparent on the older 650 also reviewed at the same site.

He describes it as exactly as I see it, when watching 24p bluray with motion settings as judder=0, blur=10 - every now and then you get what feels like a layer change on dual layer DVD's, a slight frame skip/judder.

It's a shame as when set to the above settings motion is crystal clear but I can't live with the hiccups every few minutes.

I also note that without it on, running content at 24Hz, although doesn't have any skipping/judder still doesn't seem to be as smooth as I expected it would/should be - but I can't say for fact as there are other contributions to this issue:
The Big Judder Problem and the Overhyping of 24p

It is also apparent on content at 50Hz (Sky box) when using the motion settings. I have it set to clear for football and while the motion and clarity stays in tact, it still has this glitch every few minutes.

This is my only gripe with this TV. I can't understand the point of having a motion enhancing feature that trades off for other motion frame skips/judder.

If we could have the settings on without and judder/skipping this set would be perfect!!!!!

I just wish old Samsung would release a nice firmware update for the motion issue and it would be happy days for me!:D

Have you reported it in writing by raising a service request on the Samsung web-site? The more of us that do this raises the chances of a firmware fix :)

Have you reported it in writing by raising a service request on the Samsung web-site? The more of us that do this raises the chances of a firmware fix :)

Not as of yet - but I am going to soon! I tried calling twice on the support line listed on Samsung website – but their support representatives were less than useless. It seemed I knew more about the TV than they did!

I think we will get further by reporting in writing and in numbers – just worries me that the 650 previous models suffered the same, so if they recognised it as an issue they would have theoretically fixed it for newer sets?? Someone must have reported the issue with the previous sets?

Is it possible this issue isn't directly related to the MotionPlus ?

While googling this issue (I'm close to buying this TV, but the freezing frames does make me concerned) I found the following (rather old) forum link about Samsung LCD's.

Samsung 940MW monitor...periodic freezes? - DVdoctor.community

I also have a Samsung SyncMaster (no idea which one) but would normally put down any freezing to the PC so could easily have missed this sort of issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom