Established Member
Reaction score
(updated)

9705 series, the absolute reference in image quality

Enlarge your viewing experience
• Ambilight Spectra 3 intensifies the viewing experience
• Full HD 3-D Ready for a truly immersive experience

Action captured in stunning detail
• Full HD TV with Perfect Pixel HD Engine for the best picture quality performance
• LED Pro for extreme contrast and brilliance
• 400Hz Clear LCD, 0.5ms performance for superb motion sharpness
• Perfect Natural Motion for ultra smooth Full HD movies

Impressive, invisible sound
• Hear every word with Clear Sound
• Feel the atmosphere with 30W RMS and Incredible Surround

Connect and enjoy the online world
• Net TV with Wi-Fi for popular online services on your TV
• DLNA PC network link to browse PC and Home network content

3D Full HD Ready
• The 9000 series is Full HD 3D Ready offering full 1080p resolution to both eyes and backwards compatibility
• The additional 3D upgrade pack includes 2 active glasses and an IR receiver

Greater sustainability
• LED is up to 50% more energy efficient than regular LCD TVs

Specifications:
• Full HD 3D Ready
• Perfect Pixel HD Engine
• 10.000.000:1 Dynamic contrast
• 400Hz Clear LCD (0.5ms)
• Local Dimming LED
• Net TV
• DLNA 1.5
• Wall Adaptive Ambilight (Spectra 3)
• HDMI 1.4
• Energy Star 4.0
• Divx HD, MKV, H264, AAC en MP3, AVCHD
• Wi-Fi MediaConnect to play all you PC media files on your TV
• Internet Radio Service

available in 3 sizes: 32" (32PFL9705), 40" (40PFL9705) and 46" (46PFL9705)

8605 series, an affordable 3D LED TV

Enlarge your viewing experience
• Ambilight Spectra 2 widens the viewing experience
• Full HD 3-D Ready for a truly immersive experience

Action captured in stunning detail
• Full HD TV with Perfect Pixel HD for details in action
• Brilliant LED images with low power consumption
• 200Hz LCD, 1ms performance for superb motion sharpness
• HD Natural Motion for ultra smooth motion in Full HD movies

Impressive, invisible sound
• Absorb the atmosphere with 2×10W RMS and Incredible Surround

Connect and enjoy the online world
• Net TV with Wi-Fi for popular online services on your TV
• DLNA PC Network link to browse PC and Home network content

3D Full HD Ready
• The 8000 series is Full HD 3D Ready offering full 1080p resolution to both eyes and backwards compatibility
• The additional 3D upgrade pack includes 2 active glasses and an IR receiver

Greater sustainability
• LED is up to 50% more energy efficient than regular LCD TVs

Specifications:
• Full HD 3D Ready
• Perfect Pixel HD Engine
• 200Hz Clear LCD (1ms)
• Edge LED
• Net TV
• DLNA 1.5
• Wall adaptive Ambilight (Spectra 2)
• HDMI 1.4
• Energy Star 4.0
• Divx HD, MKV, H264, AAC en MP3, AVCHD
• Wi-Fi MediaConnect to play all you PC media files on your TV
• Internet Radio Service

available in 4 sizes: 37" (37PFL8605), 40" (40PFL8605), 46" (46PFL8605) and 52" (52PFL8605)

Image Processor:

PNX5130EH

PNX5130 @ NXP.com
PNX5130 @ Trident Micro

'In February 2010, Trident acquired the set-top box and TV product lines from NXP's BU Home. The products on this page are now a part of Trident Microsystems' product offering for the television markets'

--------------------------
Source: http://www.digitalnewsroom.philips.com/

Last edited:
Sakai factory
Sharp's new Sakai plant is the cornerstone in the production of 60-inch and 68-inch panels.

The Sakai plant will also supply the new Quad Pixel panels to Philips and Sony later in 2010. Sharp's models are, however, the first ones to utilize the new quad pixel structure.

Does that mean that we will again have a panel lotery and same crap as last year. This could mean that in the first half of 2010 Philips will use the normal UV2A panels and later in 2010 they will use the Quad Pixel in the same TV's, this is crazy!

Sakai factory
Sharp's new Sakai plant is the cornerstone in the production of 60-inch and 68-inch panels.

The Sakai plant will also supply the new Quad Pixel panels to Philips and Sony later in 2010. Sharp's models are, however, the first ones to utilize the new quad pixel structure.

Does that mean that we will again have a panel lotery and same crap as last year. This could mean that in the first half of 2010 Philips will use the normal UV2A panels and later in 2010 they will use the Quad Pixel in the same TV's, this is crazy!

I think that's going to far! I would be seriously shocked If that happened.

I don't think Philips are going to use the Quad Pixel panels, just UV2A ones. I'm guessing, but we'll see!

Perhaps this is why the 04 series has been in short supply, they released one of the best TV's ever and then 3D came around (again) so they quickly started on the next version.
Seems odd that the 04 series was only really available to buy in any numbers for a month or 2.

if july is the release date then i wonder who will get to July and then notice new Samsung or Toshiba TV's they want :) the waiting game is never fun.

My only wish is for BBC iPlayer to be built into Net TV.

I think that's going to far! I would be seriously shocked If that happened.

I don't think Philips are going to use the Quad Pixel panels, just UV2A ones. I'm guessing, but we'll see!

Maybe they won't use them this year but for sure for their new series in 2010. I wonder if this RGBY panels by Sharp are really going to bring anything. Sharp is hyping them like crazy and i also have to say that the new Sharp TV's 920, 820 and 810 look amazing, they were probably inspired by Philips because the round edge design is very similar, but overall Sharp TV's looks nicer because of the nicer stand and a more expensive-quality look, at least compared to Philips 2009 range.

Hopefully the 8605 will look more quality then last year model.

Last year model was a plastic fantastic cheap looking crap, but the new one will have a a glass surface over the frame which is great, glass surface always looks great and quality. My old 9632 looks very quality because of the glass surface, much more then my 9604 with aluminium.

Btw does the 8605 have a edge led with local dimming or just a standard edge led.

Last edited:
i'm really liking the look of those philips tv. i can't wait to see what the rest of the range look like.

Last edited:
Yeah DivX HD+ is H.264 in MKV (DivX just copied x264/MKV standard more or less). No reason past 9000 series models shouldn't have got this as its just a software container.

I'm guessing its highly unlikely but I wish they would include a GPU to draw the GUI, it would improve so much in how it looks and its responsiveness when navigating the GUI. It's not like the huge cost of these high end sets can't afford a small bit more on top for a low end GPU or use a SoC with an integrated GPU in the first place.

Last edited:
cant wait to get some price info on these 3d ready sets as the 8605 might be a very nice one for 3d gaming on the ps3

cant wait to get some price info on these 3d ready sets as the 8605 might be a very nice one for 3d gaming on the ps3

I would not pull the trigger too quickly, wait and see how others fair as 3D is a very mixed bag when it comes to games some benefit greatly from it and others not at all.

Games really (just like movies) have to be built with 3D in mind from the start in order to get the most from it, especially with the performance constraints of a games console you can't just brute force stereoscopic 3D like you can on a PC.

Last edited:
The current 9704 isn't ugly to me!! It's perfect for me but yeah the new 9705 looks unfinished - it doesn't gel properly.

400 Hz will be a combination of 200Hz processing (required for 3D) + 200Hz scanning backlight, most likely!

That is so true. I looked the 9705 and literally screamed in my mind :eek: when first saw the picture. I like the finish, omg, but not in a television.
When my friend saw it he said it is really pretty one. :facepalm:

I assume 9705 has a 200Hz per eye + scanning backlight like the 9704 model has for both eyes.

New picture of 9705

tv9000serieslifestyleim.jpg

it would look totaly awesome without the annoying speaker or what ever that is, shame :(

That is a funny photoshopped picture. The tv is way too small for that picture. haha. :rotfl: The guy/gal who made it should have measured it in the first place.

About the tv, it looks to have much darked frames.

Yep it has a more dark grey aluminium then on the picture shown first, i like it better that way, but that speaker is very annoying, if it could be at least as wide as the TV then it would be totaly fine and nice looking.

New picture of 9705

it would look totaly awesome without the annoying speaker or what ever that is, shame :(

I wonder where that Image came from then...? ;)

You've been looking at the other images on my imageshack profile!

Last edited:
Any word on how their 400Hz process works, hopefully doesn't use BFI (blank frame insertion) - this could cause problems with image retention if using an active shutter system...

Any word on how their 400Hz process works, hopefully doesn't use BFI (blank frame insertion) - this could cause problems with image retention if using an active shutter system...

200Hz processing (MC/ME) + 200Hz scanning backlight.

does the 8 series have perfect pixel or pixel precise in comnbination with 200hz as it demonstrates both on the specs.

does the 8 series have perfect pixel or pixel precise in comnbination with 200hz as it demonstrates both on the specs.

Thanks for spotting that. I've checked my source but it shows the same contradiction. So I don't know as yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom