Zappiti Media Player

JSM15 said:
It appears there's a Zappiti Player firmware update already, the info below is taken from the Zappiti website;

"Changes since 121217_2141:
- Improvement for 3D: 3D included some fix for the issue with macroblocking picture on right eye Which Took up on some 3D BD ISO
- Other minor fixes."

So it would appear the initial firmware is 121217_2141.

There's no firmware listed for the Base 3D on the Dune website yet. Presumably the same macroblocking issue would apply to that player too?

Well spotted that man, first to try this on a base 3d gets a tenner from me!!!!

I've just noticed that the Base 3D has a 14th Jan firmware update (I went back and looked at the Base 3D GUI screenshots kindly posted by PalmiNio in the 'first test' thread).

Hi Wool, thanks for the info on your signature - I now have the Zappiti Player quick start guide and have seen some GUI screenshots too!

You might wish to post the GUI screenshots in this thread for the benefit of others.

Wool, those screenshots are from a version of the Zappiti app (Silver skin) and not taken from the actual Zappiti Player then?

Are you going to buy a Zappiti Player?

I bought the Zappitiplayer in Pre-order

ZAPPITI PLAYER - HD LAND

the first player arrived this week, the next issue will certainment two months ..

I think it still possible to buy but I think it is only 100 player, I can confirm tomorrow ..

Music Zappiti be initially available to users of the new media player 3D "Zappiti Player" via a unique license number attached to each reader. "

"In a second time," Zappiti Music "will be offered to users of Dune HD players as a plug-in."

it will not be possible to install the firmware Zappiti Player on a drive Dune HD Base 3D.

Zappiti Player - Ultimate Media Center

If anyone is interested hdland now showing the Zappiti player as no longer available end of Jan, doesnt actually say its in stock, but Im sure if you email them they will tell you, base 3d still showing end of Jan.

edit: if you add it to your cart it does show as available.

Last edited:
they just received it, so it might be a stock update running on their side ;) First players should be shipping soon.

first pictures here :
http://www.hdlandforum.fr/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=1798&start=360

Chipset is a 8672. 2 bad news :
1. Zappiti music is delayed due to a last minute bug
2. the player doesn't have the 4GB flash memory that was planned (apparently it's the same with the Base 3D). So i guess you will still have to set up system storage by yourself (not a big deal).

Last edited:
they just received it, so it might be a stock update running on their side ;) First players should be shipping soon.

first pictures here :
HD LAND FORUM • Afficher le sujet - Zappiti Player [Sujet officiel]

Chipset is a 8672. 2 bad news :
1. Zappiti music is delayed due to a last minute bug
2. the player doesn't have the 4GB flash memory that was planned (apparently it's the same with the Base 3D). So i guess you will still have to set up system storage by yourself (not a big deal).

Its hard work reading those hdland forums with google translate, at one point a post was talking about food quality :rotfl:

:rotfl:

i guess that google translated "alimentation", which is in fact "power supply" in english. It seems that the components are better than expected (or at least vs the Smart serie), and could affect positively the final on screen result...

Well, Ive decide to order a Zappiti player from HDland, even though I have a base 3d on order also in UK - having used Zappiti app for years, I dont want to be in a position that they add special features to their player only (I see talk of Dynamic Zappiti not available on base 3d).
The one that works best in 'Zappiti mode' will be in lounge, the other in bedroom, and I'll ditch the boxee to the kids room.

RolandRat, how much do HD Land charge for shipping?

Between the Base 3D and the Zappiti, I think the Zap is the best bet given that it won't have anything LESS than the Dune will - it's just annoying there are currently no UK resellers!

And it would appear the first Zap firmware update has been simultaneous with the first Base one, so no delayed firmware updates so far!

RolandRat, how much do HD Land charge for shipping?

Between the Base 3D and the Zappiti, I think the Zap is the best bet given that it won't have anything LESS than the Dune will - it's just annoying there are currently no UK resellers!

And it would appear the first Zap firmware update has been simultaneous with the first Base one, so no delayed firmware updates so far!

20 Euros.

And yes my thinking as well, its not going to have anything less, so worth a punt me thinks.

Roland, when's it being delivered?

No idea, just ordered this evening, I assume they will get onto sending it out tomorrow, no idea how long from France to UK, probably early next week I guess, (just in time for the base 3D to turn up also hopefully!!) :cool:

HD Supplies told me they usually use DPD (coincidentally my favourite courier!) and that it's usually two days from Holland.

I checked with DPD and they confirmed this timeframe.

hi all. quick question please. is there a scraper built in to the custom firmware on the player to create the movie wall/movie details or does it still have to be setup using the computer ?. thanks very much.

Tim

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom