Humax HDR FOX-T2 HD PVR Master thread - [Part Ten]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a teccie and I don't look at this forum often but.....

I want to copy my sons olympic highlights programmes in SD to somewhere else. eg the laptop. In a format that will play.

I'm sure this must have been discussed but I can't find it.

Please can someone point me in the right and very simple direction.

JtB:lease:

Option 1: install the custom software, use it to convert to .mpg and then download directly to the PC.

Option 2: insert a USB drive, copy the recording (StDef only) to the USB drive (this decrypts it), transfer to the PC, play using VLC, XBMC, Splash Lite... You may run into problems if the recording is larger than 4GB because a FAT32 formatted drive cannot accommodate larger files. If that is the case you will need an Ext2/3 drive (and a special driver for the PC). More info HERE (click).

Option 3: turn on content sharing, access it directly across the network and play on the PC using XBMC (again this only works for StDef).

Last edited:
Hi all
Does anyone know of a link to an idiots guide on how to remove the filter on the status display.

Does anyone know why have Humax have made the clock display so dim when in standby mode ? Is it an energy-saving feature ?

It's so dim as to be completely unreadable at any sensible TV viewing distance which renders it pointless IMO.

I had presumed that the energy-saving feature was to disable it completely - something that I don't want to do, as I need the aerial pass-through when the TV's own tuner is used.

Is removing the filter the only way to improve this ? I've got a 5 year warranty with my unit, so I'd rather not start dismantling it !

I've got a 5 year warranty with my unit, so I'd rather not start dismantling it !

Don't tell me you've fallen for an extended warranty policy? Humax themseves only offer 2 years.

Perhaps the display brightness is a bit variable unit to unit - I bought a second one recently and the display is much brighter than the old one.

New firmware - broadcast 17 Sep or online now :thumbsup:.

From Humax website:

"Application: 1.02.29
- Resolved TV Portal > Internet Radio issues (to be made available on the Portal week commencing 27th August)"

New firmware - broadcast 17 Sep or online now :thumbsup:.

From Humax website:

"Application: 1.02.29
- Resolved TV Portal > Internet Radio issues (to be made available on the Portal week commencing 27th August)"
Anyone tested in the daft auto retune has been sorted?

Doubt it, I think it is an intended feature. The chief guru is away at the moment but I'm sure we'll be checking it out when he's back (and surfaced).

Defeating the auto retune "feature" is what made me install the custom firmware. I don't use many of its features, I only have auto-unprot, disable-dso and redring installed plus a reminder from 04:20 to 04:40 to stop over the air updates. Basically just enough to take control of the box and recordings (plus redring - very useful).

Defeating the auto re-tune "feature" is what made me install the custom firmware.

I still think the auto re-tune message is only displayed when channels are changing due to digital switchover stuff - as usual I've been getting re-tune messages on my Panasonic TV, but nothing on the Humax and it certainly hasn't done any re-tunes on its own. During DSO the Humax was giving the message, but since all the muxes were moving about, if I hadn't re-tuned I would have lost most/all channels anyway.

However, it should still be up to the user to decide when to do the re-tune, not Humax, so they should either kill the "feature" or allow it to be disabled.

I still think the auto re-tune message is only displayed when channels are changing due to digital switchover stuff - as usual I've been getting re-tune messages on my Panasonic TV, but nothing on the Humax and it certainly hasn't done any re-tunes on its own. During DSO the Humax was giving the message, but since all the muxes were moving about, if I hadn't re-tuned I would have lost most/all channels anyway.

Were there any retune messages for the Olympics changes on the HDR Fox T2?

The next test will be the channel number shuffle on 12 Sept.

Were there any retune messages for the Olympics changes on the HDR Fox T2?

The next test will be the channel number shuffle on 12 Sept.

Not on my HDR, only on the Panasonic TV.

I can actually switch off the warning on the TV, but as the HDR doesn't normally tell me, it is quite useful to leave it on. I rarely use the TV's tuner, but I get a glimpse of it on power-up just before the HDR kicks in so I know if there's any new channels available.

However, it should still be up to the user to decide when to do the re-tune, not Humax, so they should either kill the "feature" or allow it to be disabled.

I agree it doesn't happen very often, but it happened to a few of us straight after "upgrade" to 1.02.27 and the consequences are sufficient to rate it "severe".

Don't tell me you've fallen for an extended warranty policy? Humax themseves only offer 2 years.

I haven't 'fallen' for anything - £26.50 to extend the warranty to 5 years with Richer Sounds was a no-brainer for me, especially considering the flakey nature of bits of kit like this. You get your money back after 5 years if you don't claim, too.

Perhaps the display brightness is a bit variable unit to unit - I bought a second one recently and the display is much brighter than the old one.

Could be, but surely they should all be similar ? The display during normal use seems to be fine - it's just the standby clock that's useless. I'd disable it and save power, but the TV is used sometimes without the Humax.

I haven't 'fallen' for anything - £26.50 to extend the warranty to 5 years with Richer Sounds was a no-brainer for me, especially considering the flakey nature of bits of kit like this. You get your money back after 5 years if you don't claim, too.

That sounds excellent!

I had all my white goods on that type of deal a few years ago - no claim money back - worked well :)

Not saying it's not true but I would check that you get your money back after 5 years if you don't claim. If this is true, how can they afford to fund this scheme? If even a single person claims then they are running at a loss with that scheme unless somehow they are making enough on the interest.

Not saying it's not true but I would check that you get your money back after 5 years if you don't claim. If this is true, how can they afford to fund this scheme? If even a single person claims then they are running at a loss with that scheme unless somehow they are making enough on the interest.

Many people don't make a claim but you have to apply for a refund in a very specific time frame and most people forget or miss the cut off . . .

:rolleyes:

I think they rely to a certain extent on people forgetting to claim their refund (like me :facepalm: once long ago).

Has anyone had trouble recording things from CH4HD in the last three weeks. I have "Happy Endings" and "My Name is Earl" on series link these have been recording fine until the last three weeks (so a week before the Paralympics), these are on past-midnight. However I only got to see the film "The Darjeeling Limited" because it was incorporated into "My Name is Earl", and "My Name is Earl"" because it ended up in "Happy Endings" recording.

Then Sunday night the film "Submarine" didn't record properly because 24 minutes of it were actually the programme "The Last Leg". Yesterday I resorted to manual recording for "The Good Wife" because I noticed that "The Paralympics" showed as ending half an hour later than on CH4, I only got "The Good Wife" because I noticed that the documentary had ended, if I had relied on the series link, then just like "Submarine" I would have missed the first episode of the double "The Good Wife", and then probably the Revenge repeat.:mad:

I have just purchased an HDR for my parents and the very first program they recorded had a problem with it.

It was also on Channel 4 HD and was Cloverfield on Saturday night. When they went to play it they had a message saying no signal (it may have said poor), do you wish to play anyway. They said yes and it would appear that most of the recording was recorded apart from the last 10 mins or so. The thumbnail had a big yellow lightening bolt through it.

I got Mum to do a signal check over the phone and the signal was over 74% which is higher than I get. I'm hoping it's an isolated incident. As it was the only recording on the machine I got her to format the HDD and run the HDD checker, just as I did on mine when I first got it.

When I next speak to her. I will ask her to see if there are any channels in the 800's

As this is replacing a very tired 9200 which was ending up do all sorts of crazy things I really hope the above problem is nothing to do with their aerial after spending out :-(

Last edited:
Has anyone had trouble recording things from CH4HD in the last three weeks. I have "Happy Endings" and "My Name is Earl" on series link these have been recording fine until the last three weeks (so a week before the Paralympics), these are on past-midnight. However I only got to see the film "The Darjeeling Limited" because it was incorporated into "My Name is Earl", and "My Name is Earl"" because it ended up in "Happy Endings" recording.

Then Sunday night the film "Submarine" didn't record properly because 24 minutes of it were actually the programme "The Last Leg". Yesterday I resorted to manual recording for "The Good Wife" because I noticed that "The Paralympics" showed as ending half an hour later than on CH4, I only got "The Good Wife" because I noticed that the documentary had ended, if I had relied on the series link, then just like "Submarine" I would have missed the first episode of the double "The Good Wife", and then probably the Revenge repeat.:mad:

I have just purchased an HDR for my parents and the very first program they recorded had a problem with it.

It was also on Channel 4 HD and was Cloverfield on Saturday night. When they went to play it they had a message saying no signal (it may have said poor), do you wish to play anyway. They said yes and it would appear that most of the recording was recorded apart from the last 10 mins or so. The thumbnail had a big yellow lightening bolt through it.

I got Mum to do a signal check over the phone and the signal was over 74% which is higher than I get. I'm hoping it's an isolated incident. As it was the only recording on the machine I got her to format the HDD and run the HDD checker, just as I did on mine when I first got it.

When I next speak to her. I will ask her to see if there are any channels in the 800's

As this is replacing a very tired 9200 which was ending up do all sorts of crazy things I really hope the above problem is nothing to do with their aerial after spending out :-(

Hi

C4 Issue :rolleyes:

They have been running both late and last night early on C4/C4HD due to the Paralympics coverage and have not been correcting the EPG or the NOW/NEXT Info.

This means that AR Series are just totally wrong (20 minutes late meant Paralympics "Last Leg" was recorded at the start of "Submarine" which finished before the end and then "Water Lilies" Recorded the last bit of "Sub" and missed the end of WL unless you spotted what was happening and manually extended the end time of WL to catch it.

Unless you record using 30min pre padding and 30min post padding for Channel 4 you won't have caught some late night programs for at least the last 3 days.

:facepalm:

I expect the Work Experience people go home and there is no one to adjust the EIT info.

:suicide:

Does anyone know what the LAN port max speed is (10/100/1000)? I have searched high and low without finding it.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom