View Single Post
07-11-2011, 7:24 PM
Gave 0, Got 0
Originally Posted by
I found a solution to the black screen after upgrading to bios v3 (in my case it worked):
After updating to v3, the screen is completely black and the fan spins full speed.
Incorrect update of the bios. I used the "AFUWINGUI" in Windows 7 64 bits. The problem was that only select the "Main BIOS image" (tab "setup").
The right choices are in:
1. Download the version that was previously installed on your computer (B11F1P01 in my case) from
2. Create a bootable USB drive in MS-DOS mode. Follow the steps
DOS USB boot drive - Vista Forums
3. Test on a computer to boot from the USB drive created to verify it is correct.
4. Copy the contents of the bios file downloaded in step 1 (AFUDOS.EXE, autoexec.bat, B11F1P01.ROM and B11F1.txt in my case) to the root of the USB drive created in step 2
5. Put the USB drive in the nettop (on USB 2.0 not USB 3.0)
6. Start the nettop and wait a few minutes (I think it only takes a few seconds, but it is best to wait about 5 minutes, just in case)
7. Turn off the nettop, remove the usb and turn it back on. MY NETTOP IS ALIVE with bios v1!
8. If it works, you can now upgrade to version 3 correctly. I repeat step 4 but with files downloaded from the bios 3
Brilliant it worked for me as well; thanks!
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by krasaee
Find the Posts by krasaee in this Thread