Useful Cydia Apps

BiteSMS will do this....its worth every penny if you aren't already using it! (free with ads if you don't want to pay :smashin:)

I use iBlacklist quite regularly which isn't compatible with BiteSMS so unfortunately that's not an option. :(

I use iBlacklist quite regularly which isn't compatible with BiteSMS so unfortunately that's not an option. :(

Really? I use both together without any problems... I live in China and used to get about 5 Chinese language spam sms messages a day, until I blocked with iblacklist... And Bite SMS is fantastic - a must have cydia app!

Really? I use both together without any problems... I live in China and used to get about 5 Chinese language spam sms messages a day, until I blocked with iblacklist... And Bite SMS is fantastic - a must have cydia app!

Both work fine for me as well! :smashin:

CallClear
CallClear allows you to clear any call, one by one, from your recent calls history.

iScheduler
An automation tool on iPhone, scheduler your iPhone.

- Auto on/off tool: iScheduler is specially designed to automate many manual on/ off toggles of iPhone services at time intervals set by you. These include power, airplane mode, edge, 3G, wi-fi, bluetooth, location and push mail toggle.
- Wake up tool for iPod: iScheduler can also be set as a wake up alarm tool invoking iPhone's iPod functionality to play songs to wake you up in the morning.
- SMS tool: iScheduler can auto send sms at preset time, can be circled by day, week, month, year. Never forget girl firend's birthday again. And support group sending, with that, you can send meeting notice or work to your colleagues.
- App tool: iScheduler can auto launch at preset time, can be circled by week. With that, you can auto open newstand to sync rss or open appstore to check update every morning.
- Profile tool: iScheduler can auto set profile at preset time, can be circled by week. With that, you can set silent profile when meeting.
- Phone tool: iScheduler can auto on/off call forwarding/call waiting at preset time, can be circled by week. With that, you can auto call forwarding when back home.
- A battery saving tool: iScheduler's ability to switch on/off iPhone services at a pre-defined time lets you to utilize those iPhone features only when you need them, and then it can automatically off those options at the times you don't need or can't use them. So iScheduler can make your battery lasts longer over a single charge thus by reducing battery re-charging cycles. This effectively increases your iPhone battery life too.

Does anyone know of an app that would automatically close a designated app whenever the device is put into sleep mode? I leave my iPad in the lounge and everyone knows the password, and although i individually password protect certain apps, if the device goes into sleep when they are open, on entering the unlock password, they would be restored to my unlocked mail app, for example...

Does anyone know of an app that would automatically close a designated app whenever the device is put into sleep mode? I leave my iPad in the lounge and everyone knows the password, and although i individually password protect certain apps, if the device goes into sleep when they are open, on entering the unlock password, they would be restored to my unlocked mail app, for example...

AppLocket from Cydia for $2

AppLocket from Cydia for $2

Cheers, but from what I could tell from the info page on cydia, isn't that just another app to password protect individual apps? I can already do that with iProtect - I want something that auto closes apps on sleep...

It may already be in here but I've just discovered it so porting it anyway... TetherMe....OH YES. Native wifi, bt and USB tethering enabled in iOS 4.3.1. That + unlimited data with O2= happy chappy.

Purple Aki said:
unlimited date from o2? how? is that a bolt on or something?

No, it's not a bolt, but the old simplicity for iPhone tariff had unlimited data before the 24/6/2010 tariff change by O2 were there introduced 1GB limit

chukwe said:
No, it's not a bolt, but the old simplicity for iPhone tariff had unlimited data before the 24/6/2010 tariff change by O2 were there introduced 1GB limit

Hell yeah! I'm sticking with it too. Contract is up in may, will they let me carry on with it or can they tell me where to go and get rid of the unlimited data?

As long as you don't make any changes to the contract yourself, it won't change at all - it'll just be a rolling contract.

Is there a weather plugin for the lockscreen ? I used to use Lockinfo on 4.1 but it wont let me download the plugin when on 4.3.1...

EDIT - Found it now..

Last edited:
As long as you don't make any changes to the contract yourself, it won't change at all - it'll just be a rolling contract.

really? So they can't just say that the contract has expired and we are putting you onto this new tarrif with limited data?

akki007 said:
really? So they can't just say that the contract has expired and we are putting you onto this new tarrif with limited data?

When your contract expires, it automatically changes to a 30 days rolling contract.

That what happen to mine when it expired on 11th March 2011

Hope they fix Rotation Inhibitor for SBsettings. Can't stand Apple's implementation of rotation lock

Exactly, the tariff doesn't change at all. It just becomes a 30-day rolling contract.

Another great one I've discovered that isn't on the list - Mail Rules ($1.99). Allows you to set rules/conditions and a wide variety of actions for any incoming email... Really helpful!

Color Keyboard - $1.99

Allows you to change the keyboard theme without the need for iAcces. Bought it this morning and it's pretty good actually! Only has a few themes at the moment (black/pink/rounded keys/complex sample & background image) but hopefully a lot more get added soon :)

Color Keyboard - $1.99

Allows you to change the keyboard theme without the need for iAcces. Bought it this morning and it's pretty good actually! Only has a few themes at the moment (black/pink/rounded keys/complex sample & background image) but hopefully a lot more get added soon :)
Yes it's very good, been using it for a few days, a black keyboard to match to lockscreen KB :smashin:

There's a free version called "Black Keyboard" which didn't work for me.
It just seemed to turn the background black.

Another question - when I connect my phone to iTunes and then disconnect, some app locations are not where I left them.

Ie, not in the folder I specify, I have to go to the nex home screen and move them again.

Does this happen with anybody else and how can you stop it? It's slightly annoying. :D

Hot Topic: UnTrackerd is a free tweak from Cydia that prevents iPhone tracking ...that didn't take long.

Cydia is back up and running properly. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom