Welcome to gilford's House Renovation.........

Seems like we have similar tastes in cars too, but not speakers! I have a bose acoustimass 10 system, it's good, but it's not that good (for music IMHO, good for movies).

Cheers

Barry

You have the revised bass module, not as punchy as mine for music from the people I have spoken to :(

The new T-Series is meant to be superb, but I'm yet to have a demo of it, the wife won't let me near the Bose shop :suicide: :D

:laugh: i Did find it odd the next sentence says a house is only worth what someone will pay for it.....!

Great setup!

My point was that if there was some magical place where we could all get
Michael Angelo's for fifty quid everyone would be shopping there :D

Wow!! Lovely lovely set-up and transformation! You must be chuffed!

Thanks!

I keep meaning to update the thread as I now have a new PF20 :)

It looks much nicer in black than silver, very happy with it :)

have you borrowed some of Mansours millions?

Last edited:
A couple of quick pic's of the new PF20 :thumbsup:

The 2nd pic is Plex9 running on the Mac Mini, SUPERB app :smashin:

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2038.jpg

Ah very nice mate. Them cabinets either side have made a real difference to the finish. Excellent work.

Hi mate your whole house looks amazing..dont suppose you'd want to come do mine for me :laugh: you have great taste. Given me some inspiration to get my living room done in the new year. Just a quick question.. what company did you get all your cabinets both in the living room and the office from and if you dont mind me asking what sort of costs are involved.
Many Thanks and i agree about bose, well worth the money.. truely unbeatable in most departments!

Hi mate your whole house looks amazing..dont suppose you'd want to come do mine for me :laugh: you have great taste. Given me some inspiration to get my living room done in the new year. Just a quick question.. what company did you get all your cabinets both in the living room and the office from and if you dont mind me asking what sort of costs are involved.
Many Thanks and i agree about bose, well worth the money.. truely unbeatable in most departments!

The company is based in Cheshire and is called Neville Johnson, cracking workmanship but a tad on the pricey side, but you get what you pay for as is most things in life! They come with a lifetime guarantee which is superb. One of the doors on the unit in the lounge started playing up before Xmas, within a week I had a guy from N.J. out to replace the hinge!

TOP BANANA :clap:

I still look out for the updates on this, been following from the start. Looks great mate, any additions to the family? you'll soon need a bigger house if so...

Phil.

First time Ive really looked in the gallery tonight and I must say this is one of my favourite houses!!! Superb work mate, top effort.

Where do you live by the way? Welsh Riviera?

Lovely home, Gilford!
I have a question regarding the bricks and cement blocks in your posts 3 & 4, and the cuboards you used to fill the gap.

How did you cover the blocks?
And, are the cupboards custom designed and built? I've always wondered who you hire to do it.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Great job you done with the living room. The only thing I would have done is fit the TV and the fireplace flush with the wall.

Is your pronto working over IR or RF? Works good until now?

Lovely home, Gilford!
I have a question regarding the bricks and cement blocks in your posts 3 & 4, and the cuboards you used to fill the gap.

How did you cover the blocks?
And, are the cupboards custom designed and built? I've always wondered who you hire to do it.

Thanks!

The blocks were ripped out mate :)

The cupboards were custom made by the company I mentioned above, cracking job, cant imagine what I would have done without them really :eek:

Great job you done with the living room. The only thing I would have done is fit the TV and the fireplace flush with the wall.

Is your pronto working over IR or RF? Works good until now?

Hi mate,

Pronto is IR, the AV cupboard has a frosted glass door so no need for RF (thankfully) :thumbsup:

Nice car and a nice house , I wish i had gone for a PF20 in the end :(

And that what's home improvement looks like:smashin:, nicely done, looks great.

Greetz Richie

Lovely job. You have very good taste:smashin:

Great use of space, looks awesome! Who done the fitted cabinets and how much, that is what i would like to do.

Have you got any similar plans for the bedroom?

Great use of space, looks awesome! Who done the fitted cabinets and how much, that is what i would like to do.

Have you got any similar plans for the bedroom?

Cabinets are Neville Johnson Bespoke, cannot recommend them enough :smashin:

As the bedroom has a walk in wardrobe we dont need anything bar whats in there (thank god) :)

hey nice setup. getting a similier project underway within the month. Great fire. sort of thing im doing. where was yours from? im still debating on which one

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom