LG BD390 Owners Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schpikster

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, anyone know when this little beauty is going to be released in the UK? I can't find any info on this anywhere!

Hi, anyone know when this little beauty is going to be released in the UK? I can't find any info on this anywhere!

Welcome to the forum. :)
Still no news on date or if it's definitely coming out over here i'm afraid. :(
All the best.

A price of 289.99 has appeared on one news site.

Cheers. Hopefully once it finally does get released in the UK, somewhere like RS will knock a bit off the price...

The players are now available in the first online shops in Germany. Will receive mine tomorrow :thumbsup:

Best regards, maris

The manual is available in english from LG german site.. Amazon.de is about 280 euros

Last edited:
The manual is available in english from LG german site.. Amazon.de is about 280 euros

You haven't got a link at all casjen? :) can't seem to find it.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
i feel it's gonna be soon i can all most taste it.:Dcomon lg uk its my birthday soon and i want one:devil:

On the German Amazon site the BD390 is over 100 Euro more expensive than the BD370, so I hope it has something extra to offer in order to justify that sort of increase... other than wi-fi access!

On the German Amazon site the BD390 is over 100 Euro more expensive than the BD370, so I hope it has something extra to offer in order to justify that sort of increase... other than wi-fi access!

You can bet!
- NTFS support
- DLNA streaming client
- Improved DivX HD support
- 7.1 DTS HD decoder
- Internal 1 GB memory

I have paid 199,- Euro, which is about 170 GBP. I guess this was a bargain.

Best regards, maris

hi maris when are you expecting delivery and were did you get yours from was it amazon german,hope theres gonna be some pics and a mini review. please:D

Received it just one hour ago! I ordererd from comuteruniverse.de two weeks ago. It seems that their first batch of players was already sold out by the preorders; so the player is out of stock right now.

My first impression is: it is THE perfect BR player! Setup is very easy, and you are ready to start in a couple of minutes. Right now, I have tested only one BR, Spiderman III, which started in about 15 seconds (much faster than with my PC). The picture is just a dream, even better than from my PC, which is also connected by HDMI with my Plasma TV.

The player is connected with my router by cable LAN. The network connection was established within seconds (using the default settings). One firmware update was available, which I have installed without problems. For DLNA Nero Media Home 4 Essentials is supplied. You just need to install it on your PC and define the folder to be indexed. The LG immediately detected my PC as a server (after Nero Media Home was installed). You get direct and quick access to the files that are in the indexed folder. I have tested a couple of SD movies, some DivX, some MKV. Everything worked brilliant. No stuttering, excellent picture quality.

Also the Youtube feature is very nice. You do not have access to the regular Youtube site, but the selection of videos is huge and fully uptodate.

So, I am absolutely happy with this player!

Best regards, maris

glad you like it maris do you think the nero software is doing the converting of your mkv and divix or the bd390,i ask because if its the nero software then i might aswell stick with the pc, you said the lg picture is better than your pc do you mean the bluray drive in your pc or your software power dvd, ext ext . sorry for all the questions :D:D

It seems that the latest firmware update is required for proper MKV playback. Another BD390 owner from a German forum used twonkymedia streaming software and succeeded playing back MKV only after installing the latest firmware (which is offered when SOftware update is started). So I am quite sure that the player performs the MKV decompression.

The Nero software seems to have some limitations. For instance, I do not get the subs when the file is streamed, but I can chose them when the same file is played back from my USB stick. I guess this is because it is only Nero MediaHome Essentials and not the full version.

My impression is that the bluray picture is slightly better than when played from my LG GGC H20L PC drive. It is quite likely that this is related to the software or hardware of my PC. Unfortunately, I do not have another standalone BR player to compare this with the LG. But according to the reviews I am aware of, there is not much of a difference in BR performance between all BR players.

Best regards, maris

Hi maris thanks for your review so far of the BD390 have you tried connecting an external hard drive to it yet and tried to play mkv's from it? am sure quite a few people would be intrested to see what formats of video it can play without any problems.

I have tested so far two external hard disk drives, one FAT32 250 GB and one NTFS 320 GB. Both are 2,5 inch powered via USB. No problem with any of them. I have tested divx AVIs and h.264 MKV. Streaming is also possible with both types of video files, but you need the latest firmware for this. All files I have tested so far are in SD resolution, not HD, as I currently do not have any HD MKVs. One user reported that the LG does not support AVCHD from USB. I don't have any AVCHD, so I cannot test this.

With best regards, maris

i was only enquiring about this a couple of months ago, LG UK were rubbish in confirming release:(

i hope its a great player:smashin:

Don't worry, they don't have a clue. LG Germany stated in June that the BD390 will never be released in Germany. Six weeks later it is available.

Best regards, maris

ive, emailed lg uk early on today but had no reply as of yet:devil:wait and see

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom